Kenwood ProTalk PKT-23 - Ultra Lite
- 1.5 Watt, 4 Channels
- UHF Business Two-way Radio
- 99 Pre-programmed Frequencies for Easy User Setup
- Credit Card Size
- 3.9 oz (with battery)
- Out-of-the-Box Ready
- 2 Function Keys
- Compatible with Motorola CLS Radios
- 15 Hrs. of Battery Life¹
- 2 Year Warranty
- Ideal for Retail Stores, Restaurants, Small Hotels, Dental Offices, etc.
Kenwood ProTalk PKT-23 At-A-Glance
The Kenwood PKT-23 Radio is a ultra-compact, on-site two-way radio. Designed for use in retail, restaurant, small hotels, dental offices, and service industries where simplicity and ease-of-use are most important. The PKT-23 comes with 4 UHF channels, and has 99 pre-programmed frequencies to select from. At 3.9oz and the size of a credit card, the PKT-23 can be easily stored in a pocket, clipped to an apron / belt, or worn on a lanyard. It comes with a rapid charger for a 3 hour charging time.
The PKT-23 includes Kenwood's wireless cloning capability which allows cloning of multiple radios using a single "master" radio. This function works with the push of a simple button - no cables needed!
The Kenwood PKT-23 is compatible with Motorola's CLS1110 and CLS1410 radios. See how it compares in the chart below.
|Kenwood PKT-23||Motorola CLS1110||Motorola CLS1410|
|Size (HxWxD inches)||3.3 x 1.8 x .8||4.3 x 2 x 1.1||4.3 x 2 x 1.1|
|Weight with battery||3.9oz||5oz||5oz|
|Battery||Li-Ion 1430mAh||Li-Ion 1100mAh||Li-Ion 1100mAh|
|Battery Life (5,5,90)||15 hours||12 hours||12 hours|
|# of Channels||4||1||4|
|Transmit Power||1.5 Watts||1 Watt||1 Watt|
|# of Pre-Set Channels||99||56||56|
¹ The Kenwood ProTalk PKT-23 offers 15 hours of battery life under normal usage (5% TX, 5% RX, 90% Standby).
For businesses buying more than a few radios we have volume discounts available.
What's in the box:
1 - PKT-23K UHF Radio with fixed antenna
1 - KNB-71L 1430mAh Li-Ion Battery
1 - KSC-44 3-Hour Fast Charger
1 - Belt Clip
1 - User Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
Kenwood ProTalk PKT-23
Kenwood ProTalk Rebate Offer!
Purchase at least one Kenwood PKT-23, TK-3000, NX-P1200NVK or NX-P1300NUK radio and you qualify for a $10-$30 Rebate!
Purchase an NX-P1202AVK, NX-P1302AUK, NX-P1200AVK, NX-P1300AUK with an optional digital upgrade license and get a $30 Rebate! This is a great deal from Kenwood with a potential savings of up to $2,700!
- Buy 1 PKT-23 = $10 Rebate
- Buy 1 TK-3000 = $20 Rebate
- Buy 1 NX-P1202AVK = $30 Rebate*
- Buy 1 NX-P1302AUK = $30 Rebate*
- Buy 1 NX-P1200AVK = $30 Rebate*
- Buy 1 NX-P1300AUK = $30 Rebate*
- Buy 1 NX-P1200NVK = $30 Rebate
- Buy 1 NX-P1300NUK = $30 Rebate * Requires purchase of optional digital upgrade license to qualify for the rebate.
This offer is fulfilled by Kenwood directly, so the rebate will be mailed to you after Kenwood receives your online rebate form. Rebates will be issued in the form of a prepaid card. Offer valid on up to 90 radios purchased through July 31, 2021. Limit of one rebate per radio. See Rebate flyer for full details and register online with Promo Code 92460 at Kenwood's rebate website to claim your rebate.
NOTE: Model and claim information must be registered on-line on or before August 31, 2021 with promo offer number: 92460. Radios delivered before or after the promotion date are not eligible, regardless of invoice date. Offer good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico and is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||4|
|Weight (with battery)||3.9oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2 keys that are pre-programmed|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||300mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
|Other||Ultra-Lite & Ultra Small|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.