Contact us and get special pricing today. There's no obligation. ...Request an Account
If you're not buying from us you're paying too much!
Radio Repeaters & Communication Bridges
A radio repeater is a specialized two-way radio designed to increase the communication range of a radio system. It receives signals on one frequency and transmits them at a higher power on another frequency simultaneously, acting as a "relay station" boosting the power of the signal when it re-transmits. Repeaters are usually placed in high locations such as mountain tops, the tops of buildings, or installed on towers, this is done to further increase their range.
- Same Band Repeaters - Operate on one frequency band (i.e.VHF or UHF). Input and output frequencies may be different but they are on the same band.
- Cross Band Repeaters - Also called X-Band Repeaters. Used to connect radio systems that each use different bands (UHF, VHF, Airband).
- Mobile Repeaters - Are repeaters used in vehicles to boost signals.
- Combination Repeaters - All-in-one units that act as both a base station radio and repeater, some models include a built-in power supply.
- Cross Band Repeaters - Also called X-Band Repeaters can bridge different bands (UHF, VHF, Airband).
- Gateways - Can link different communication technologies such as radio systems, LTE or LAN systems, and PA systems.