Kenwood NX-P1302AUK All-Purpose & Easy
- Replaces the TK-3400U16P radio
- 64 Channels Total
- 4 Zones / 16 Channels Per Zone
- Preset Frequencies: 451-470 MHz for UHF Model
- Fully PC Programmable with Optional Cable & Software
- 2 Watts
- Analog Only, upgrade to Digital Later:
- Optional Upgrade to NXDN Digital Later
- Optional Ugrade to DMR Digital Later (2 watt model only)
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery Included
- Includes Drop-In Rapid Charger Included
- Hands-Free VOX / Semi-VOX (with optional headset)
- Voice Inversion Scrambler (16-bit Analog, 15-bit Digital)
- Second PTT Button
- 7-Color LED
- Call Alert
- Channel Scan
- Low Battery Alert
- Voice Announcement
- Repeater Capable
- 3 Year Warranty
- Construction, Outdoor Events, Farming, Ranching
Kenwood ProTalk NX-P1302AU At-A-Glance
Kenwood is updating the ProTalk TK Series radios with 6 new models in their "NX" ProTalk lineup. Known as the NX-P1000 Series, these new radios replace the older analog-only "TK" series with easier operation and superior performance. Plus they have the ability to support mixed mode analog and either NXDN or DMR digital operation.
One great new feature of the NX-P1302AU series is the PTT button. These
radios can be programmed to allow transmission on a second channel
without actually switching
channels, by pushing the PTT button to engage the second channel. This type of "dual transmit" feature is very
useful in work environments where separate communications can be
relayed to different groups on different channels at the push of the PTT
button, greatly increasing efficiency and productivity.
The new NX-P1302AU are fully compatible with the legacy radios in the TK-2000/TK-3000 series, essentially replacing them.
Kenwood NX-P1302AU Secure Communication
radio communications is a KENWOOD priority, and helping to maintain a
high level of security in analog mode is a 16-code voice inversion scrambler, while robust NXDN Digital 15 Bit encryption is available in digital mode.
The NX-P1302AU replaces the TK-3400 radio. The NX-P1302AU series operates on 451-470 MHz VHF frequencies in the business band. The radio features a 7 color LED indicator light, multiple scan modes, lone worker mode and emergency function. This radio also supports radio-to-radio cloning with an optional cloning cable and is fully PC programmable with an optional programming cable and software.
Kenwood NX-P1302AU Upgrade to Digital
Also, the NX-P1302AU series gives you an easy migration to digital. You can start with an analog only model, and then latter on it can be upgraded to digital for mixed mode operation at any time, you simply purchase an optional software and license key package. And, you're not locked into one type of digital mode. You can choose either Kenwood's NXDN® digital format (FDMA), or the DMR digital format (TDMA). So much flexibility!
Kenwood NX-P1302AU Accessory Compatible
All six models are designed with compatibility in mind. These new radios can use the same antennas,
battery packs and chargers used with the legacy TK-2400 and TK3400
series radios. Plus, they have the standard Kenwood 2-pin (K1 / KA) style
connector, which means you can use all your earpieces, speaker microphones,
and other audio accessories for your existing Kenwood ProTalk
radios with these new radios. Kenwood wanted this transition to be as easy as possible to upgrade from their legacy products to their new radios.
What's in the box:
1 NX-P1302AU UHF Radio
1 Li-Ion Battery Pack
1 Rapid Charger
1 Belt Clip
1 User Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
Kenwood ProTalk NX-P1302AU
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||64 total, 4 Zones/16 Channels Per Zone|
|Weight (with battery)||9.88oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54 / 55 Water / Dust Resistant|
|Receiving Audio Output||1,000mW|
|Digital||Optional upgrade to either DMR digital, or NXDN digital|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Inversion Scrambler (analog mode)|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So
radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.