ICOM IP501M LTE Radio
- Nationwide Coverage
- License Free
- Instant One-to-Many Communication
- ALL Call, GROUP Call, and/or
- Noise Cancelling for Clear Audio in Noisy Environments
- Full Duplex Communication (like a regular phone)
- ACC Connector for Ignition Sensing Function
- Secure Communications
- Priority Calling & Emergency Signalling
- Low Monthly Costs ($28) - compared to cell phones
- Voice Message Recording
- Built-in Bluetooth & GPS
- Optional Command Mic
ICOM IP501M At-A-Glance
Standard two way radios can't provide wide area coverage without a repeater system that is costly and complex to install and operate. Get an Icom IP501M LTE radio and get nationwide two way radio coverage using the AT&T LTE cell phone network for a low monthly fee - much lower than cell phones!
ICOM IP501M - Nationwide Coverage
Now you can get nationwide communications with the Icom IP501M LTE Two Way Radio. This small powerful radio provides instant communication using a LTE 4G and 3G network for telephone-type conversations without the need for repeaters or an IP network. A standard two way radio allows only one person to talk at a time, while the other party listens (called simplex communication). The IP501M is capable of full duplex operation, which means a user can talk and listen at the same time, just like a phone.
ICOM IP501M - Easy Communication
The IP501M features a 500 memory address book for individual, group, talkgroup multiplex talkgroup calls, and pre-programmed text messages, for easy communication between groups, floors, buildings, and dispersed geographic locations within your organization.
The IP501M has clear, high quality audio, due to its G.726 (32 kbps) vocoder. It has a vibration alert to notify the user of incoming calls for more quiet operation. There is a recording function to store incoming voice messages up to one minute in duration. The IP501M is also equipped with Bluetooth and VOX capability, so users can pair it with a headset or other audio device for hands-free communication.
ICOM IP501M - Low-Cost Monthly Service
Requires LTE-CONNECT Service. The Icom IP501M operates on the LTE CONNECT private LTE 4G and 3G network radio system using a SIM card. Unlike a cell phone on a cellular PoC network, the IP501M is a data device used for voice communications. Although it operates like a traditional two way radio, The IP501M requires an LTE or 3G signal to work.
LTE-CONNECT is a private Icom system. Nationwide coverage is provided using the AT&T LTE network. Only users who are programmed into the system by Icom can communicate on your network. A maximum of 500 users can be programmed into each radio. Over 2000 users can be part of your entire system. The LTE-CONNECT system has a dedicated MPLS connection and is secure.
LTE Service is $28 per radio per
month per radio, plus a one-time setup fee of $15 per radio. For full details on all service plan agreements please contact us at 855-289-2929.
What's in the box:
1 Radio: IP501M
1 Speaker Mic
1 DC Power Cable
1 LTE Antenna
1 GPS Antenna
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
|Frequency Band(s)||LTE Cellular Private 4G/3G Network|
|# of Channels & Zones||up to 500 contacts on each radio|
|# of Programmable Keys||n/a|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|Receiving Audio Output||4W|
|Trunking Capable||No. Can be connected to a trunked system via bridge equipment|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||n/a|
|Other||Nationwide Coverage, built-in Bluetooth and GPS|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So
radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.