Motorola VX-2100 25W 2Mobile Radio
We offer discounts - log in for price... required by manufacturer
Volume discounts automatically applied in shopping cart.
- 8 Channels
- 25 Watts
- 6 Programmable keys
- 1 Character Numeric Display
- Public Address Speaker & Horn Alert
- Multiple Scanning Modes
- Emergency & Lone Worker Functions
- Out-of-Range Alert System
- Radio to radio cloning
- PC Programming
Motorola VX-2100 At-A-Glance
The Motorola VX-2100 is a great cost effective mobile radio. When high power is your main requirement this is your radio! Designed for reliability and function, all at a very affordable price. This mobile radio is compact and has a multitude of scanning options to manage your communication needs. Designed for a variety of applications. With safety in mind, the VX-2100 has several safety features such as Lone Worker, Emergency Call Initiation, and a Horn Alert for when problems arise. With the optional VME-100 board installed this radios is compatible with the rest of your MDC-1200® fleet. The VX-2100 includes over-the-air Stun / Kill / Revive to disable a lost or stolen radio. In addition, it has a public address speaker.
Check out the full list of features on our ‘Features’ tab for this radio.
Antenna is required for operation and must be purchased separately.
What’s in the box:
1 VX-2100 Radio
1 MH-67A8J Palm Microphone with Hang-up Clip
1 Power Cable
1 Set of Mounting Hardware
1 Owners Manual
You will need an antenna for this radio. When selecting an antenna please note:
- The specific frequencies you use in the radio must fall within the antenna's frequency range.
- You will need an antenna mount with a PL259 connector to attach the antenna to this radio.
- If the mounting surface is NOT metal you will need a "No Ground Plane" antenna. Metal surfaces can use either type.
- "Accessories > Antennas | Mobile" category has other name-brand antennas and mounts, including no ground plane antennas.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF or UHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||8 Channels|
|Output Power||50 Watts VHF / 45 Watts UHF|
|Display||1 Character (for Channel #)|
|# of Programmable Keys||6|
|Receiving Audio Output||4 Watts|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So
radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.