Laird MB8PI 3/4" Hole NMO Brass Mount 17' RG58A/U cable & Crimp PL259 Radio Connector Installed
- Permanent mount, requires hole to be drilled to mount.
- For NMO style antennas
- Cable has a PL259 crimp style radio connector (male UHF) installed.
- 1-1/8”-18 thread; installs from above
- 17ft RG58A/U stranded coax cable for heavy duty use to withstand long-term vibration better.
- All brass construction and gold plated contact design ensure the most corrosion resistance and best power transfer available
For use with mobile radios with a PL259 (female) connector.
Antenna mounts attach the antenna to the vehicle. They have a cable that connects to your mobile radio. A mount allows you to decide where on the vehicle to place your antenna. Some styles of mobile antennas require a mount.
There are two types of mounts:
- Surface mounts are permanently attached to a flat surface on a vehicle. They require a hole to be drilled.
- Magnetic mounts are attached by a strong magnet but can be easily removed or re-positioned. The cable can be seen with a magnetic mount, so some people don't like the look as well as a surface mount.