Icom F5021B | F6021B Affordable Yet Powerful
- 128 Channels, 8 Zoness
- 6 Programmable Buttons
- 8 Character Display
- 45 / 50 Watts (UHF/VHF)
- Easy to Use
- MDC 1200 Compatible¹
- Repeater Capable
- Supports Most Used Signaling Types
- Includes Power Supply & Cabinet
Icom F5021B | F6021B At A Glance
Icom's IC-F5021B/F6021B base station, ICOM's next step up from the F5011B/F6011B, is a great choice for businesses needing an easy to use base station that has a wide range of functions. It is a great solution for most mobile users at a very affordable price. This radio is ideal for use in small to mid-sized fleets used for public safety operations, school buses, taxi fleets, large industries, and other light commercial users.
The F5021B/F6021B base station is built for the riggers of daily use. ICOM's rugged construction and design make the F5012B/F6021B a perfect choice for anyone seeking a base station that will hold up under constant use in rough conditions. The radio has been tested to military standards MIL-STD 810 F for ruggedness in harsh locations. It has a front mounted 4 watt speaker to deliver clear loud audio.
The F5021B/F6021B has 128 channels that can be separated into 8 memory zones. Channels can be given an 8 character name that will show on the display for easy identification. There are 'up' and 'down' navigation buttons to make channel and menu selection easy. In addition, there are 4 programmable buttons for you to customize functions to meet your particular needs.
The IC-F5021B/F6021B base station supports ten 2-tone, and eight 5-tone codes that can be decoded on each channel. When a matched tone is received, the following items are programmable for each code: • Beep sound • Answer back • Scan • Bell icon • Radio Stun / Kill / Revive. The radio stun/kill function incapacitates a stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners. When the stun command is received, all the functions will be temporarily locked out until the revive command is received or the unlock password is entered.
The IC-F5021B/F6021B can be used in existing MDC fleets, and has the following MDC signaling features: • PTT ID (TX/RX) • Radio check (RX) • Radio stun (RX) • Radio revive (RX) • Emergency TX/RX (No ACK) • 5 alias table.
The IC-F5012B/F6021B base station also has CTCSS/DTCS high speed decode for better performance and 2-Tone decode accuracy. In addition, it has up to 8 DTMF Autodial memories.
The IC-F5021B/F6021B has several enhanced scan features. priority scan function allows you to monitor one or two priority channels, while scanning other non-priority channels. The TX channel and Talk Back functions allow you to make a quick response while scanning. When in Mode Dependent Scan, scan setting is dependent on the operating channel. When you change the operating channel, the scan list automatically changes to the list set for that channel. This allows you to move
seamlessly to a different operating area, and scan settings will automatically be adjusted. The TX channel setting allows you to program a transmit channel while scanning. Start channel, last detected channel, priority and pre-programmed channel are all selectable.
The IC-F5021B/F6021B base station is to be a companion to Icom's IC-F3021/F4021 series hand held radios. Although the F5021B/F6021B can be used with many radio types, the design of the F3021 series and the F5021B series provides for seamless ease-of-use together. number of channels and banks, signaling formats, programming software and voice scrambler are fully compatible.
The IC-F5021B/F6021B can be upgraded with the addition of either a voice scrambler, or DTMF decoder, option board for added function.
¹ Limited MDC 1200 function.
See the full list of features in the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F5021B or F6021B Radio (choose; frequency band & model)
1 Power Supply - 110V
1 Cabinet - Size (L x W x H) 8.51" x 6.45" x 4.2"
1 Hand Microphone (HM-152 or upgraded mic)
1 Power Cable (OPC-1132)
1 Owner's Manual
You will need an antenna for this radio. When selecting an antenna please note:
- The specific frequencies you use in the radio must fall within the antenna's frequency range.
- You will need an antenna mount with a PL259 connector to attach the antenna to this radio.
- If the mounting surface is NOT metal you will need a "No Ground Plane" antenna. Metal surfaces can use either type.
- "Accessories > Antennas | Mobile" category has other name-brand antennas and mounts, including no ground plane antennas.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F5021B) & UHF (F6021B)|
|# of Channels & Zones||128 Channels, 8 Zones (Groups)|
|Output Power||50W (VHF) & 45W (UHF)|
|# of Programmable Keys||6|
|Receiving Audio Output||400mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Optional Upgrade|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.