ICOM SAT100 Satellite Radio
- Global One-To-Many Communication even in the most remote areas
- Built-in Bluetooth and GPS Receiver
- 1500mW Powerful Audio
- Highest Security with AES Encryption
- Vibration Alert
- Waterproof in accordance with IPX7 (not salt water)
- Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices while in Radio mode
- Micro USB Charging
- Recording Conversations (up to 8 minutes)
ICOM SAT100 At-A-Glance
Icom’s IC-SAT100 allows users around the world to communicate with a group of PTT radios at the push of a button. To do this, the IC-SAT100 utilizes Iridium® satellite network covering the earth including both poles providing wide area global communication anywhere on the planet.
Icom’s IC-SAT100 radios uses SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk), which is a two-way radio system using the Iridium® satellite network. This network allows you to use the IC-SAT100 in remote, isolated areas without mobile phones or landline network infrastructure or if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters.
1-to-Many Global Communications
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
World-Wide Coverage with Iridium® SatellitesUsing 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the planet*.
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system.
Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
The IC-SAT100 provides one of the highest levels of secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
SAT100 Iridium Satellite Service Plans
In order for satellite radios to communicate, they must use a satellite service. Icom has contracted with Iridium for the use of their satellite service. Service is configured through Iridium Command Center. However, the service agreement is between you and Icom.
- You determine the coverage areas for each SAT100 radio by defining the Talk Groups for each unit.
- Users can make dynamic changes to their coverage areas - instant changes.
- 15 Talk Groups maximum per radio.
- The Talk Group’s size can be changed at anytime utilizing the Iridium Command Center.
- The coverage area’s configuration is dynamic and can be reconfigured quickly with access to the Iridium Command Center Web Page.
- No restrictions of the Talk Group’s location. * some restrictions in areas due to national security interests
- The region with a rectangle must have sides between 150 km, and 1500 km.
- The region with a circle must be larger than 75 km.
- Each Talk Group can be subdivided into a maximum of 10 regions.
- Talk Groups can be a circle, oval, square, or rectangle.
- Talk Groups not to exceed the area of the purchased package.
- For Talk Group Sizes & Plans see attachment under the "Downloads" tab.
SAT100 Other Features
- Ready for harsh environments. Water, shock, dust proof with MIL-STD 810G & IP67 waterproof rating
- Operates 100% of the globe
- Built-in emergency key
- Short Data Message function
- Voice recording function
- Talkgroup Scan
- Priority Interrupt Calling
What's in the box:
1 Radio: SAT100 Radio
1 BP-300 Battery Pack - 2350mAh
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
1 Rapid Charger
|Frequency Band(s)||Does not apply|
|# of Channels & Zones||15 Talk Groups (Max)|
|Weight (with battery)||12.7 oz (with BP-300 and antenna)|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67, Submersible for 30 minutes to a depth of 1 meter, NOT rated for salt water|
|Receiving Audio Output||1500mW|
|Trunking Capable||With the VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with IDAS digital Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems and analog transceivers.|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, AES encryption|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.
|SAT100 Satellite Service Pricing FAQ.pdf File Size963.32KB|
|Icom SAT100 Satellite Radio Overview.pdf File Size4.46MB|
|Iridium Best Practices Operating Guide.pdf File Size149.38KB|
|Icom SAT100 Satellite Service Information & Pricing.pdf File Size257.99KB|
|SAT100 Product Brochure.pdf File Size1.58MB|
|SAT100 Operating Manual.pdf File Size831.25KB|
|SAT100 Operating Tips.pdf File Size833.49KB|