ICOM SAT100 Satellite Radio
- True World-wide Communication even in the most remote areas
- Built-in Bluetooth and GPS Receiver
- 1500mW Powerful Audio
- Highest Security with AES Encryption
- Vibration Alert
- Waterproof in accordance with IPX7
- Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices
ICOM SAT100 At-A-Glance
Icom’s IC-SAT100 allows users around the world to communicate with a group of PTT radios at the push of a button. To do this, the IC-SAT100 utilizes Iridium® satellite network covering the earth including both poles providing wide area global communication anywhere on the planet.
Icom’s IC-SAT100 radios uses SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk), which is a two-way radio system using the Iridium® satellite network. This network allows you to use the IC-SAT100 in remote, isolated areas without mobile phones or landline network infrastructure or if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters.
1-to-Many Global Communications
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100 users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
World-Wide Coverage with Iridium® SatellitesUsing 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both
poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system.
Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Body
The IC-SAT100 provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
The IC-SAT100 provides one of the highest levels of secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The supplied BP-300 Li-ion battery pack provides 14.5 hours of operation.
* Approximate. Operating periods are calculated under the following conditions. TX : RX : standby = 5 : 5 : 90
Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
SAT100 Iridium Satellite Service Plans
Service is configured through Iridium Command Center
Basic Service Plans
Talk Group Coverage
- You determine the coverage areas for each SAT100 radio by defining the Talk Groups for each unit.
- 15 Talk Groups maximum per radio.
- The Talk Group’s size can be changed at anytime utilizing the Iridium Command Center.
- The coverage area’s configuration is dynamic and can be reconfigured quickly with access to the Iridium Command Center Web Page.
- No restrictions of the Talk Group’s location. * some restrictions in areas due to national security interests
- The region with a rectangle must have sides between 150 km, and 1500 km.
- The region with a circle must be larger than 75 km.
- Each Talk Group can be subdivided into a maximum of 10 regions.
- Talk Groups can be a circle, oval, square, or rectangle.
- Talk Groups not to exceed the area of the purchased package.
- Talk Group Sizes & Plans:
SAT100 Other Features
- Ready for harsh environments. Water, shock, dust proof with MIL-STD 810G & IP67 waterproof rating
- Operates 100% of the globe
- Built-in emergency key
- Short Data Message function
- Voice recording function
- Talkgroup Scan
- Priority Interrupt Calling
What's in the box:
1 Radio: SAT100 Radio
1 BP-300 Battery Pack - 2350mAh
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
1 Rapid Charger
|Frequency Band(s)||Does not apply|
|# of Channels & Zones||15 Talk Groups (Max)|
|Weight (with battery)||12.7 oz (with BP-300 and antenna)|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67, Submersible for 30 minutes to a depth of 1 meter|
|Receiving Audio Output||1500mW|
|Trunking Capable||With the VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100 can interconnect with IDAS digital Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems and analog transceivers.|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, AES encryption|