ICOM IC-F3001 | IC-F4001 Simple and Affordable
- Order extra batteries along with radios & get a significant discount.
- 16 Channels
- 2 Programmable Keys
- Easy to Use
- Affordable & Full of Features
- Extra Loud Audio (800mW)
- 1900mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 4 / 5 Watts (UHF / VHF)
- Repeater Capable
- Easy PC Programming Setup²
- Battery & Charger Included
ICOM IC-F3001 | IC-F4001 At-A-Glance
The Icom IC-F3001 / IC-F4001 two-way radio is a easy to use professional grade radio. In fact, it's so easy to use there is no special training required. The few knobs and buttons are generously sized for easy operation, even when wearing gloves.
The new high efficiency design of the IC-F3001 / IC-F4001 reduces power consumption and provides approximately 20 hours of operating time with normal usage. While the radio is a compact unit, with a height of around 4 1/3 inches, it still has plenty of features. The built-in amplifier offers a powerful 800mW* audio output from the large 45mm speaker, delivering high volume and intelligible audio, even in noisy environments.
The IC-F3001 / IC-F4001 has both an Emergency & Lone Worker functions. With the press of a button an emergency call is transmitted. A repeat emergency signal is then automatically transmitted until the transceiver receives an acknowledgment signal. With the Lone Worker function when the radio is not operated within a preset time period, it sounds a beep and requires you to push any button. If the radio is still not operated during a specified wait period, an emergency signal is automatically transmitted.
The IC-F3001 / IC-F4001 is tested for dust protection and water resistant equivalent to IP54 and to 11 categories of MILSTD-810 environmental tests. In short, the IC-F3001 / IC-F4001 is a twoway radio built to last.
See the full list of features in the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F3001 or F4001 Radio (choose; VHF or UHF)
1 Charger (Rapid)
1 110V AC adapter
1 Antenna (VHF or UHF)
1 Battery (Li-Ion)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F3001) & UHF (F4001)|
|# of Channels & Zones||16|
|Output Power||5W (VHF) & 4W (UHF)|
|Weight (with battery)||9.5oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||800mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.
|ICOM Basic Programming Guide.pdf File Size122.59KB|
|F3000 F4000 Instruction Manual.pdf File Size1.54MB|
|F3001 F4001 Spec Sheet.pdf File Size510.66KB|