Icom IC-F3400D | IC-F4400D - Digital, Bluetooth, Waterproof, Encryption
- 1024 Digital or Analog Channels
- VHF F3400D or UHF F4400D
- 13 Programmable Keys
- High-Resolution Color Display
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Built-in GPS
- Trunking Capable (optional upgrade)
- IDAS Single-site & Multi-site Type D Trunking
- IDAS Single-site & Multi-site Type C Trunking
- 5 Watts
- Channel Announce
- Vibration Alert
- Waterproof (IP68)
- Digital Voice Recording
- PC programmable
- Compact Design
Icom F3400D VHF | F4400D UHF At-A-Glance
The high-resolution color display is easy to read in all types of lighting. Function icons and menu items make it easy to understand. The night mode LCD setting is an alternative for use in night time or low lighting conditions. The glass is scratch resistant to protect from cracks and scratches.
The built-in Bluetooth provides wireless hands-free communication when paired with a third-party Bluetooth headsets. When connected with Bluetooth telemetric devices or PC terminals, data or files can be wirelessly transferred.
The Icom F3400D | F4400D radio can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD card is used, a Max. 500 hours recording is possible.
It's compact design makes this radio easy to carry. There is a Channel Announce feature so when you change to another channel the radio announces the new channel number or zone. With the standard Li-Ion battery you get approximately 10 hours of operating time on each charge, witht he high-capacity battery approximately 16 hours of operation.
Icom F3400D | F4400D Built-in Bluetooth
The F3400D and F4400D support devices that are Bluetooth either 2.1 EDR or 3.0. It's imporstant to check compatibility before trying to pair devices.
Icom F3400D | F4400D Trunking
The F3400D | F4400D series can be upgraded to NXDN™ Type-C trunking, or Type-D single -site or multi-site trunking operation. Contacts us for more information on this feature. It is also compatible with IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional.
Icom F3400D | F4400D DES or Optional AES Encryption
If secure communication is an issue the F3400D | F4400D has the highest levels of encryption. For digital communication security, the new IDAS radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit, 256-bit AES encryption and the OTAR (Over-the-Air Rekeying) function are available. For efficiency in managing your radio fleet, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programmed settings over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates needs to program the alias table. REQUIRES the Key Loader Software (sold separately).
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F3400D or F4400D Radio (choose; VHF or UHF)
1 Rapid Charger (optional)
1 Li-ion Battery
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|Part 90 (Business License)
|VHF (F3400D) & UHF (F4400D)
|# of Channels & Zones
|32 or 1024
|Weight (with battery)
|6 oz without Battery
|Yes, High-Resolution Color Display
|# of Programmable Keys
|5 or 12
|Full 16-Key Keypad
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)
|Receiving Audio Output
|Active Noise Canceling
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption
|Yes, DES encryption is standard
|Built-in Bluetooth & GPS, Voice Recorder, USB connector, Motion detector, Channel Announce
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- You can program the radio(s)
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one.
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.