ICOM SAT100M Mobile Satellite Radio
- True World-wide Communication even in the most remote areas
- Built-in Bluetooth and GPS Receiver
- 1500mW Powerful Audio
- Highest Security with AES Encryption
- Compatible with other Iridium® PTT devices while in Radio mode
ICOM SAT100M At-A-Glance
Icom’s IC-SAT100M allows users around the world to communicate with a group of PTT radios at the push of a button. To do this, the IC-SAT100 utilizes Iridium® satellite network covering the earth including both poles providing wide area global communication anywhere on the planet.
Icom’s IC-SAT100M radios uses SATELLITE PTT (Push-To-Talk), which is a two-way radio system using the Iridium® satellite network. This network allows you to use the IC-SAT100 in remote, isolated areas without mobile phones or landline network infrastructure or if terrestrial network infrastructure is rendered unusable by human or natural disasters.
The SAT100M is designed for fixed mount operations. Unlike handheld satellite radios, users with the IC-SAT100M do not need to stay outside for a clear view of the sky for a stable communication connection. This global satellite mobile radio’s design easily provides coverage from vehicle to in-building use. The IC-SAT100M is backed by the Iridium® satellite network, covering the earth including both poles for a true wide area global communication solution.
1-to-Many Global Communications
Unlike satellite phones, IC-SAT100M users can immediately start talking to all the radios in the same talkgroup, with just a push of the transmit (PTT) button.
World-Wide Coverage with Iridium® SatellitesUsing 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Iridium® satellites, the IC-SAT100 provides low-latency communication, and broader, more reliable network coverage, compared to Geosynchronous Equatorial Orbit (GEO) satellites.
The Iridium® satellite network covers the entire earth, including both
poles, and can provide wide area global communications anywhere on the
* Depending on the country or region, carrying and/or use of the IC-SAT100 may be prohibited.
Emergency Call Function
The ‘Orange’ key on the top of the radio is an emergency button. You can transmit an emergency call via a specific talk group by pushing and holding down the button, just like a PMR/LMR radio system.
Waterproof, Dust-Tight & Durable Antenna/RF Unit
The IC-SAT100M antenna provides IP67 waterproofing (1 m depth of water for 30 minutes) and dust-tight protection, making it ideal for use in harsh outdoor environments. The radio also meets MIL-STD 810G specifications. The operating temperature range is from –30°C to +60°C (–22 °F to 140 °F).
The IC-SAT100M provides one of the highest levels of secure conversations with AES 256-bit encryption.
1500 mW Powerful Audio
1500 mW audio delivered from the internal speaker provides loud and clear communication, even in noisy environments.
Conventional Radios & IP Phones Interconnection
With a VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100M can interconnect with an IP phone, IP, LTE, IDAS digital* and analog transceivers. (Planned feature)
*Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems.
SAT100M Iridium Satellite Service Plans
Service is configured through Iridium Command Center
Basic Service Plans
Talk Group Coverage
- You determine the coverage areas for each SAT100 radio by defining the Talk Groups for each unit.
- 15 Talk Groups maximum per radio.
- The Talk Group’s size can be changed at anytime utilizing the Iridium Command Center.
- The coverage area’s configuration is dynamic and can be reconfigured quickly with access to the Iridium Command Center Web Page.
- No restrictions of the Talk Group’s location. * some restrictions in areas due to national security interests
- The region with a rectangle must have sides between 150 km, and 1500 km.
- The region with a circle must be larger than 75 km.
- Each Talk Group can be subdivided into a maximum of 10 regions.
- Talk Groups can be a circle, oval, square, or rectangle.
- Talk Groups not to exceed the area of the purchased package.
- Talk Group Sizes & Plans:
SAT100 Other Features
- Ready for harsh environments. Water, shock, dust proof with MIL-STD 810G & IP67 waterproof rating
- Operates 100% of the globe
- Built-in emergency key
- Short Data Message function
- Voice recording function
- Talkgroup Scan
- Priority Interrupt Calling
What's in the box:
1 Radio: SAT100M Radio
1 Multi-functional Speaker Microphone
1 DC Power Cable
1 LAN Cable (65ft)
1 Antenna Unit
1 Set of Mounting Hardware
1 Owner's Manual
|Frequency Band(s)||Does not apply|
|# of Channels & Zones||15 Talk Groups (Max)|
|Weight (with battery)|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||Antenna rated IP67|
|Receiving Audio Output||1500mW|
|Trunking Capable||With the VE-PG4 RoIP gateway, the IC-SAT100M can interconnect with IDAS digital Type-D multi-site trunking and conventional systems and analog transceivers.|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, AES encryption|
|Other||Built-in Bluetooth & GPS, Voice recording|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So
radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.