Motorola's SL300 - Small & Easy-to-Use Digital Radio
- 2 or 99 Channels
- 2 Modes - Analog or Digital
- Optional Display Model
- 3 Watts
- Battery Life: 12 Hrs (digital), or 11 Hrs (analog)
- Compatible with MOTOTRBO
- MDC-1200® Encode/Decode, 5-Tone, 2-Tone (analog mode)
Motorola SL300 At-A-Glance
The SL300 is one of our smallest and lightest digital radios. Measuring under an inch thick, the SL300 is ultra-portable with a stubby antenna, curved edges and rugged frame. It can be carried easily in a pocket or purse without catching or bulging. It features an optional Active View display with a matrix of LED lights behind the radio housing and “Range Max” technology. Range Max technology is an advanced radio design and patented antenna for longer range with a stubby antenna. Designed for easy and intuitive use, the SL300 is perfect for people who need a easy-to-operate radio, and don't want a bulky radio.
Motorola SL300 Simple Operation
The SL300 features a separate power button, top channel toggle switch, side volume control buttons, and prominent push-to-talk button to support one-hand radio operation.The Transmit Interrupt Capability feature enables a supervisor to interrupt another radio conversation to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed. Channel “fast toggle” allows users to scroll through 10 channels at a time. The side volume control, dedicated power button, prominent push-to-talk button, and top toggle channel switch have all been designed for quick one-hand access.
Motorola SL300 Active View Display (optional)
Shatterproof Active View display uses hidden LED lighting to communicate the radio's channel, volume, and other information in both daytime and nighttime situations.
Motorola SL300 Analog/Digital Design
Get all the benefits of digital, including better voice quality, better range and better battery life—but retain compatibility with your existing radio fleet. With analog and digital capability, you have the freedom to migrate to the latest technology at your own pace.
Motorola SL300 Voice Announcement
Audible prompts confirm operations on your radio, allowing you to keep your eyes on the job.
Motorola SL300 MicroUSB Connectivity
Efficient charging and easy programming with a micro USB wall charger.
What’s in the box:
- SL300 Radio
- Battery: PMNN4468 / Li-Ion / 2300 mAh
- Charger: Micro USB wall charger
- Antenna: Stubby (choose type)
- Swivel Carry Holster
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF or UHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||2 or 99 Channels|
|Weight (with battery)||5.96 oz (with battery)|
|# of Programmable Keys||0|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes (privacy mode)|
|Other||Tiny compared to other radios. Simple to use.|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.