Motorola RMV2080 Radio
- 8 Channels
- 2 watts power
- Analog Only
- VHF Only
- 27 Pre-stored Frequencies
- 2 Programmable Buttons
- Voice Scrambling
- Voice Prompts
- Weather Channels
- NOAA Weather Alerts
- Simple User Setup
- Easy Cloning (cable or multi-charger required)
- 1 Year Warranty
Motorola RMV2080 At-A-Glance
Designed with businesses in mind, the Motorola RMV2080 two way radio has been one of Motorola's most popular models for many years. This analog radios has 8 channels and 2 watts of power, providing coverage for up to 250,000 square feet or 20 floors. It also has 27 pre-stored VHF frequencies with 219 privacy codes, including 6 customizable codes. And, the Motorola RMV-2080 operates on VHF frequencies, so it's perfect for using in or around concrete structures.
The RMV2080 is simple to use. A tri-color LED alerts the user to the radio's status and features. Two programmable buttons allow quick access to features. The radio also has Channel Announcement with Voice Alias for easy operation. The Motorola RMV2080 other features include channel scan, call alert tones, hands-free VOX mode (with optional accessories), 3 voice scramble codes, and more.
Cloning the RMV2080 is quick and easy with an optional single-unit charger cloning cable or multi-unit charger (sold separately).
About the Motorola RM Series Radios The Motorola RM Series two way radios were designed specifically with businesses and professionals in mind. RM radios boast exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance.
They meet IP54/55 and Military Spec 810 C, D, E, F and G standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature. RM Series radios also include Antimicrobial Protection.
Motorola RM series radios can be configured through Motorola's free PC based Customer Programming Software. Settings can also be easily cloned from one radio to another, so you can quickly expand your fleet.
The Motorola RM series is fully compatible with all Motorola RDX, XTN, CLS and Spirit professional two way radios. Some XTN series VHF radios may need to change frequencies to be compatible with RM series radios.
What's in the box:
1 RMV2080 Radio
1 Rapid Charger with AC Adapter
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License required)|
|# of Channels & Zones||8 Channels|
|Output Power||2 Watts|
|Weight (with battery)||8.6oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP55|
|Receiving Audio Output||1.5W (1500mW)|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
|Other||1 year warranty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.