Motorola RMM2050 Radio
- 5 Channels
- 2 watts power
- Analog Only
- VHF Only
- Pre-stored MURS Frequencies
- 2 Programmable Buttons
- Voice Scrambling
- Voice Prompts
- Easy Cloning (cable or multi-charger required)
- 1 Year Warranty
Motorola RMM2050 At-A-Glance
A license-free business radio, the Motorola RMM2050 two way radio is easy to use, has tons of features, and will hold up to years of use. It comes with 5 license free MURS frequencies pre-programmed into the radio so it's ready to use right out of the box.
The RMM2050 is part of the popular RM series business radios. But this model requires no license!
The RMM2050 is a so easy to use. Two programmable buttons give you fast access to features, you can set these functions through programming. The Motorola RMM2050 radio also has Channel Announcement with Voice Alias, 3 audible call tones, channel scan, hands-free VOX mode (with optional accessories), voice scrambling, and more. Cloning the RMM2050 is easy with an optional single-unit charger cloning cable or multi-unit charger (sold separately).
The Motorola RMM2050 operates on VHF MURS (Multi-Use Radio Service) frequencies. MURS frequencies do not require a license and are approved by the FCC for use by either individuals or businesses.
The following are the five MURS frequencies supported by this model:
The Motorola RMM2050 MURS radio deliverss exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance. It meets IP54/55 and Military 810 C, D, E, F and G standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature. As with the other RM Series radios, the RMM2050 also includes Antimicrobial Protection.
The RMM2050 is simple to use. A tri-color LED alerts the user to the radio's status and features. Two programmable buttons allow quick access to features. The radio also has Channel Announcement with Voice Alias for easy operation. The Motorola RMM2050 other features include channel scan, call alert tones, hands-free VOX mode (with optional accessories), 3 voice scramble codes, and more.
Cloning the RMM2050 is quick and easy with an optional single-unit charger cloning cable or multi-unit charger (sold separately).
About the Motorola RM Series Radios The Motorola RM Series two way radios were designed specifically with businesses and professionals in mind. RM radios boast exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance.
They meet IP54/55 and Military Spec 810 C, D, E, F and G standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature. RM Series radios also include Antimicrobial Protection.
Motorola RM series radios can be configured through Motorola's free PC based Customer Programming Software. Settings can also be easily cloned from one radio to another, so you can quickly expand your fleet.
The Motorola RM series is fully compatible with all Motorola RDX, XTN, CLS and Spirit professional two way radios. Some XTN series VHF radios may need to change frequencies to be compatible with RM series radios.
What's in the box:
1 RMM2050 MURS Radio
1 Rapid Charger with AC Adapter
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 95, Subpart J (MURS)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF MURS|
|# of Channels & Zones||5 Channels|
|Output Power||2 Watts|
|Weight (with battery)||8.6oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP55|
|Receiving Audio Output||1.5W (1500mW)|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes|
|Other||1 year warranty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.