Motorola RDU4160d Radio
- 16 Channels
- 4 watts power
- Analog Only
- Extra Lound Audio (2,000mW)
- UHF Only
- 89 Pre-stored UHF Frequencies
- 2 Programmable Buttons
- Voice Scrambling
- Channel Announce
- Channel Naming
- Voice Prompts
- ANTIMICROBIAL PROTECTION
- NOAA Weather Alerts
- Fixed Antenna
- Simple User Setup
- Easy Cloning (cable or multi-charger required)
- 2 Year Warranty
Motorola RDU4160d At-A-Glance
The Motorola RDU4160d two way radio offers 16 channels and 4 watts of power, providing coverage for up to 350,000 square feet or 30 floors. It supports 89 VHF frequencies with 122 private line codes. The RDU4160d offers a unique combination of convenience and power. The RDU4160d comes with a display, making even easier to use. Most high powered 4 watt radios are required to be programmed by a dealer. With the RDU4160d, however, the user can assign the channels to any of the built-in frequencies and PL codes. A tri-color LED alerts the user to the radio's status and features. The Motorola RDU4160d radio also offers channel scan, hands-free VOX mode (with optional accessories), voice scrambling, and more. For easy use, you can assign each channel a user defined name. And ANTIMICROBIAL PROTECTION helps prevent the growth of mold and germs on the surface of the radio.
Includes one Motorola RDX Series RDU4160d two way radio, drop-in charger, and 18.5 hour ultra high capacity lightweight lithium rechargeable battery.
The Motorola RDU-4160d operates on UHF frequencies, making it a great choice for use both inside structures and outside.
About the Motorola RDX Series Radios There's a reason these radios are so popular. The Motorola RDX Series radios were designed specifically for business usage. RDX radios boast exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance. They meet IP54/55 and Military Spec 810 C, D, E, and F standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature.
Motorola has made sure that chatter and interference will not be a problem with their RDX series radios. These models operate on frequencies reserved for businesses, and support 122 private line codes (83 digital) per frequency.
Concerned about audio quality? Motorola's RDX series radios are 30% louder than even the highly regarded XTN and AX series. Audio clarity has been improved from previous models as well.
Worried about setup time? RDX series radios can be configured through Motorola's free PC based Customer Programming Software. Settings can also be easily cloned from one radio to another, making it easier than ever to expand your fleet. The Customer Programming Software (CPS) works with any computer web browser. Profiles interchange with Motorola RM Series radios.
Wondering about compatibility? The Motorola RDX series is compatible with all Motorola XTN, CLS and Spirit professional two way radios. Some users of XTN series VHF radios may need to change frequencies to be compatible with RDX series radios.
What's in the box:
1 RDU4160d Radio
1 Rapid Charger with AC Adapter
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License required)|
|# of Channels & Zones||16 Channels|
|Output Power||4 Watts|
|Weight (with battery)||8.5oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||4|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54/55|
|Receiving Audio Output||2W (2000mW)|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes|
|Other||2 year warranty, ANTIMICROBIAL PROTECTION|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.