Motorola EVX-S24 - Small Waterproof Digital Radio
- 256 Channels, 16 Zones
- Same great radio as the Vertex Standard EVX-S24
- 4 Programmable keys
- Waterproof (IP67)
- UHF Only
- 2 Modes - Analog or Digital
- 3 Watts (digital), 2 Watts (analog)
- Battery Life: 12 Hrs (digital), or 11 Hrs (analog)
- All Call, Group Call, Individual Call (in digital mode)
- MDC-1200® Encode/Decode, 5-Tone, 2-Tone (analog mode)
Motorola EVX-S24 At-A-Glance
The EVX-S24 is one of our smallest and lightest digital radios. It is slim and easy to carry so it is ideal for hospitality, education, retail and for any market that values convenience and size. The EVX-S24 meets international standard IP67 for water submersion and is dust proof. The EVX-S24 is protected from immersion in water up to 3 feet (1 meter) for 30 minutes and offers complete protection from dust.
The EVX-S24 operates in both analog and digital modes and can be used with any existing analog two-way radios. Direct Mode enables you to have two communication paths on a single frequency effectively doubling your call capacity without the need of a repeater. Also, digital radios each have a unique ID enabling users to select who they need to call or send a text message without including others.
Digital technology eliminates noise and static from voice transmit to only deliver the intended voice message crisply and clearly. eVerge™ digital radios feature the AMBE+2™ vocoder for enhanced voice quality.
Motorola EVX-S24 Transmit Interrupt Feature
When seconds matter, transmit interrupt allows an operator with encode capabilities to halt or “interrupt” any current transmission, in favor of a priority message. EVX-S24 is decode only, which allows messages to be interrupted.
Motorola EVX-S24 Highlighted Additional Features
|» Battery Indicator (Low Battery Alert)||» Lone Worker Alert|
|» Battery Saver||» Emergency Alert|
|» BCLO||» Auto Power Off|
|» Time Out Timer||» Escalating Alerts|
|» Key Lock||» Low Power|
|» AF Minimum Volume||» Multiple Scan Options|
|» Whisper Mode||» RSSI Indicator|
What’s in the box:
- EVX-S24 Radio (Black or Yellow)
- Battery: PMNN4468 / Li-Ion / 2300 mAh
- Charger: MPA-57B 120v power supply & MCD-65 cradle
- Antenna: Stubby (450-480 MHz) or Super Stubby (440-460 MHz)
- Belt Clip: MCLIP-27
Note !! Please be advised that if you choose a super stubby antenna your talk range may be reduced by up to 40%.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||256 Channels, 16 Zones|
|Output Power||3W (Digital), 2W (analog)|
|Weight (with battery)||7.6oz (with battery)|
|# of Programmable Keys||4|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67 (waterproof)|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes (digital mode)|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.