Motorola EVX-S24 - Small Waterproof Digital Radio
Log in for price... required by manufacturer
Volume discounts automatically applied in shopping cart.
- 256 Channels, 16 Zones
- Same great radio as the Vertex Standard EVX-S24
- 4 Programmable keys
- Waterproof (IP67)
- UHF Only
- 2 Modes - Analog or Digital
- 3 Watts (digital), 2 Watts (analog)
- Battery Life: 12 Hrs (digital), or 11 Hrs (analog)
- All Call, Group Call, Individual Call (in digital mode)
- MDC-1200® Encode/Decode, 5-Tone, 2-Tone (analog mode)
Motorola EVX-S24 At-A-Glance
The EVX-S24 is one of our smallest and lightest digital radios. It is slim and easy to carry so it is ideal for hospitality, education, retail and for any market that values convenience and size. The EVX-S24 meets international standard IP67 for water submersion and is dust proof. The EVX-S24 is protected from immersion in water up to 3 feet (1 meter) for 30 minutes and offers complete protection from dust.
The EVX-S24 operates in both analog and digital modes and can be used with any existing analog two-way radios. Direct Mode enables you to have two communication paths on a single frequency effectively doubling your call capacity without the need of a repeater. Also, digital radios each have a unique ID enabling users to select who they need to call or send a text message without including others.
Digital technology eliminates noise and static from voice transmit to only deliver the intended voice message crisply and clearly. eVerge™ digital radios feature the AMBE+2™ vocoder for enhanced voice quality.
Motorola EVX-S24 Transmit Interrupt Feature
When seconds matter, transmit interrupt allows an operator with encode capabilities to halt or “interrupt” any current transmission, in favor of a priority message. EVX-S24 is decode only, which allows messages to be interrupted.
Motorola EVX-S24 Highlighted Additional Features
|» Battery Indicator (Low Battery Alert)||» Lone Worker Alert|
|» Battery Saver||» Emergency Alert|
|» BCLO||» Auto Power Off|
|» Time Out Timer||» Escalating Alerts|
|» Key Lock||» Low Power|
|» AF Minimum Volume||» Multiple Scan Options|
|» Whisper Mode||» RSSI Indicator|
What’s in the box:
- EVX-S24 Radio (Black or Yellow)
- Battery: PMNN4468 / Li-Ion / 2300 mAh
- Charger: MPA-57B 120v power supply & MCD-65 cradle
- Antenna: Stubby (450-480 MHz) or Super Stubby (440-460 MHz)
- Belt Clip: MCLIP-27
Note !! Please be advised that if you choose a super stubby antenna your talk range may be reduced by up to 40%.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||256 Channels, 16 Zones|
|Output Power||3W (Digital), 2W (analog)|
|Weight (with battery)||7.6oz (with battery)|
|# of Programmable Keys||4|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67 (waterproof)|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes (digital mode)|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.