Motorola CP185 - Affordable & Easy to Use
Manufacturer requires log-in to see price.
Volume discounts automatically applied in shopping cart.
- 16 Channels
- UHF or VHF Models
- 4W UHF / 5W VHF Output Power
- 5 Programmable Buttons
- Repeater Capable
- Includes Charger & Li-ion Battery
- Emergency Alert
- Hands-Free Internal (VOX) Mode
- Voice Inversion Scrambling
- Talk Around
- Channel & Priority Scans
- Antennas: VHF Whip / UHF Stubby
- Nuisance Channel Delete
- 2 Year Warranty
Motorola CP185 At-A-Glance
The CP185 delivers easy and fast communication in your hand for improved response time to your customers and greater employee efficiency.
The Motorola CP185 is available in your choice of UHF or VHF with 16 channels, 500 mW audio output and long battery life. With adjustable power levels, the CP185 provides up to 4 watts (UHF) or 5 watts (VHF) as you need it. It's also repeater capable, allowing even greater coverage as your operation expands. The VHF radio comes with a whip antenna to maximize range, the UHF radio comes with a stubby antenna for easier handling.
The CP185 features built-in voice scrambling, Remote inhibit, and VOX capability for hands-free operation. It has five programmable buttons and X-Pand™ Technology for clear audio in noisy environments. It is narrowbanding compliant and is rated IP54 dust and water resistant.
What's in the box:
1 CP185 Radio (chose VHF or UHF model)
1 Rapid Charger
1 Battery (Chose 1750mAh or high capacity battery 2150mAh)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF or UHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||16 Channels|
|Output Power||5W (VHF) & 4W (UHF)|
|Weight (with battery)||12oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||5|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes|
|Other||2 year warranty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.