Motorola CP185 - Discontinued
Motorola has discontinued this radio. For similar radios look at the following:
- Motorola CP100d Analog version
- Motorola RDU4160d (has a display, probably the most similar)
- Kenwood NX-P1300AUK
- Icom F4001 or F2000
- 16 Channels
- UHF or VHF Models
- 4W UHF / 5W VHF Output Power
- 5 Programmable Buttons
- Repeater Capable
- Includes Charger & Li-ion Battery
- Emergency Alert
- Hands-Free Internal (VOX) Mode
- Voice Inversion Scrambling
- Talk Around
- Channel & Priority Scans
- Antennas: VHF Whip / UHF Stubby
- Nuisance Channel Delete
- 2 Year Warranty
Motorola CP185 At-A-Glance
The CP185 delivers easy and fast communication in your hand for improved response time to your customers and greater employee efficiency.
The Motorola CP185 is available in your choice of UHF or VHF with 16 channels, 500 mW audio output and long battery life. With adjustable power levels, the CP185 provides up to 4 watts (UHF) or 5 watts (VHF) as you need it. It's also repeater capable, allowing even greater coverage as your operation expands. The VHF radio comes with a whip antenna to maximize range, the UHF radio comes with a stubby antenna for easier handling.
The CP185 features built-in voice scrambling, Remote inhibit, and VOX capability for hands-free operation. It has five programmable buttons and X-Pand™ Technology for clear audio in noisy environments. It is narrowbanding compliant and is rated IP54 dust and water resistant.
What's in the box:
1 CP185 Radio (chose VHF or UHF model)
1 Rapid Charger
1 Battery (Chose 1750mAh or high capacity battery 2150mAh)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (136-174MHz) or UHF (435-480 MHz)|
|# of Channels & Zones||16 Channels|
|Output Power||5W (VHF) or 4W (UHF)|
|Weight (with battery)||12oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||5|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes|
|Other||2 year warranty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.
|CP185 Spec Sheet.pdf File Size256.23KB|
|CP185 Operating Manual.pdf File Size4.15MB|