Laird GB8 Magnetic Antenna Mount - removeable, non-permanent
- For NMO style antennas
- Chrome Antenna Mount
- Corrosion resistant materials used throughout for high durability and weather resistance
- Neoprene seal for moisture protection
- High 80-lb pull strength will allow antenna to stay put
- 3 1/4" diameter magnetic antenna mount
- 12ft RG-58A/U coax cable with stranded center
- for heavy duty use to withstand vibration over time.
- Triple reinforced coax strain relief eliminates cable pull out
- 1-1/8”-18 thread
- Optional Rubber Boot for scratch protection
- Choose connector (Male Crimp style - uninstalled):
- N Type
- Note: Connector is Not installed.
Antenna mounts attach the antenna to the vehicle. They have a cable that connects to your mobile radio. A mount allows you to decide where on the vehicle to place your antenna. Some styles of mobile antennas require a mount.
There are two types of mounts:
- Surface mounts are permanently attached to a flat surface on a vehicle. They require a hole to be drilled.
- Magnetic mounts are attached by a strong magnet but can be easily removed or re-positioned. The cable can be seen with a magnetic mount, so some people don't like the look as well as a surface mount.