Icom IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 Basic, Affordable, Rugged
- 8 Channels
- 4 Programmable Keys
- 45 / 50 Watts (UHF/VHF)
- MDC 1200 Compatible¹
- Easy to Use
- Repeater Capable
- Supports Popular Signaling Types
Icom IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 At-A-Glance
The Icom IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 is a great choice for businesses needing an affordable mobile radio with all the basic functions. This radio's design is focused on simplicity and aimed at users seeking easy operation. It comes with 8 channels, easily identified on a simple channel indicator. This radio is ideal for use in small to mid-sized fleets used for public safety operations, school buses, taxi fleets, large industries, and other light commercial users.
The IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 is built to last. Icom's rugged construction and design make the IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 ideal for day-to-day use. The radio has been tested to military standards MIL-STD 810 F for ruggedness in harsh locations. It has a front mounted 4 watt speaker to deliver clear loud audio. There are 4 programmable buttons for you to customize functions to meet your particular needs.
Icom IC-F5011 VHF | IC-F6011 Signaling Featurers
The IC-F5011/F6011 has the most commonly used signaling functions built-in. Ten 2-tone, and eight 5-tone codes can be decoded on each channel. When a matched tone is received, the following items are programmable for each code: • Beep sound • Answer back • Scan • Bell icon • Radio Stun / Kill / Revive. The radio stun/kill function incapacitates a stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners. When the stun command is received, all the functions will be temporarily locked out until the revive command is received or the unlock password is entered.
The IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 can be used in existing MDC fleets, and has the following MDC signaling features: • PTT ID (TX/RX) • Radio check (RX) • Radio stun (RX) • Radio revive (RX) • Emergency TX/RX (No ACK) • 5 alias table. The IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 also has CTCSS/DTCS high speed decode for better performance and 2-Tone decode accuracy. In addition, it has up to 8 DTMF autodial memories.
Icom IC-F5011 | IC-F6011 Scanning Features
TheIC-F5011 | IC-F6011 has several enhanced scan features. The priority scan function allows you to monitor one or two priority channels, while scanning other non-priority channels. The TX channel and Talk Back functions allow you to make a quick response while scanning. When in Mode Dependent Scan, scan setting is dependent on the operating channel. When you change the operating channel, the scan list automatically changes to the list set for that channel. This allows you to move seamlessly to a different operating area, and scan settings will automatically be adjusted. The TX channel setting allows you to program a transmit channel while scanning. Start channel, last detected channel, priority and pre-programmed channel are all selectable.
What's in the box:1 F5011 or F6011 Radio (choose model)
1 Hand Microphone (HM-152)
1 Mounting Bracket
1 Power Cable (OPC-1132)
1 Owner's Manual
You will need an antenna for this radio. When selecting an antenna please note:
- The specific frequencies you use in the radio must fall within the antenna's frequency range.
- You will need an antenna mount with a PL259 connector to attach the antenna to this radio.
- If the mounting surface is NOT metal you will need a "No Ground Plane" antenna. Metal surfaces can use either type.
- Our "Accessories > Antennas | Mobile" category has other name-brand antennas and mounts, including no ground plane antennas.
- Also, you will need a length of coaxial cable terminated with a PL-259 (UHF Male) type connector for the ICOM F5011 / F6011 Radio.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F5011) & UHF (F6011)|
|# of Channels & Zones||8 Channels|
|Output Power||50W (VHF) & 45W (UHF)|
|# of Programmable Keys||4|
|Receiving Audio Output||400mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Optional Upgrade|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So
radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.