ICOM IC-M85 - Use On Both Land & Sea
- All USA, INT, CAN, WX Marine Channels
- 100 VHF Land Channels
- 5W on Marine Channels
- 2W on Land Channels
- Small & Lightweight
- Weather Channels
- Waterproof (IP67)
- Simple to Use
- Weather Channels
- Li-Ion Battery with Charger
ICOM IC-M85 - Both Land and Marine Frequencies
The Icom IC-M85 two-way radio is the perfect radio for operations involving both land and sea. The IC-M85 has both VHF land frequencies and all marine channels are built-in (USA, CAN, INT & WX). You have instant access to marine channels 16 and 9 with the push of one button.
In addition to VHF marine channels, the IC-M85 has 100 VHF land mobile channels (136–174 MHz). Also, each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tone so you can eliminate unwanted interference.
The IC-M85 has 4 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel. Even when wearing gloves the large buttons are easy to operate. A large LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night operation easy. The large knobs and buttons are easy-to-operate, even while wearing gloves.
ICOM IC-M85 - Waterproof and Small
The IC-M85 twoway radio is compact, at just about 2.2 inches by 3.6 inches, and lightweight (approximately 8.7oz with battery and antenna). The IC-M85 is built tough to withstand hazardous and unhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M85 is dropped into water, complete waterproofing will protect it from harm (IP67 rating). The compact and durable body has been tested to the military specifications (MIL-STD). And Icom's popular AquaQuake™ prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker.
ICOM IC-M85 - Powerful Audio
Despite its compact body, the IC-M85 delivers 700mW of loud audio. Clear communications is vital in noisy environments.
ICOM IC-M85 - Private Communications
The radio has a built-in Voice Scrambler and provides private communication between stations (32-code, compatible with UT-112 voice scrambler unit).
What's in the box:
1 IC-M85 Radio
1 Power Aadapter
1 Battery (BP290 - 2010mAh li-ion battery)
1 Belt Clip & Handstrap
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate the VHF Land Channels. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF 146-174MHz (land channels), plus marine frequencies 156.025-163.275 MHz|
|# of Channels & Zones||22 Land VHF Channels, All Marine Channels|
|Weight (with battery)||9.9oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||none|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IPX7 - Waterproof|
|Receiving Audio Output||350mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Available on Intrinsically Safe model|
|Other||All U.S.A., International and Canadian channels, 10 weather channels|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.