ICOM IP501H LTE Radio
- Nationwide Coverage
- License Free
- Instant One-to-Many Communication
- ALL Call, GROUP Call, and/or INDIVIDUAL Calling
- Compact and Lightweight
- Full Duplex Communication (like a regular phone)
- Reliable Sound Quality
- Secure Communications
- Priority Calling, Man-down, Lone Worker & Emergency Signalling
- Low Monthly Costs ($28) - compared to cell phones
- Vibration Alert for Incoming Calls
- Voice Message Recording
- Built-in Bluetooth & GPS
- Waterproof IP67
- Battery & Rapid Charger Included
ICOM IP501H At-A-Glance
Standard two way radios can't provide wide area coverage without a repeater system that is costly and complex to install and operate. Get an Icom IP501H LTE radio and get nationwide two way radio coverage using the AT&T LTE cellular phone network for a low monthly fee - much lower than cell phones!
ICOM IP501H - Nationwide Coverage
Now you can get nationwide communications with the Icom IP501H LTE Two Way Radio. This small powerful radio provides instant communication using a LTE 4G and 3G network for telephone-type conversations without the need for repeaters or an IP network. A standard two way radio allows only one person to talk at a time, while the other party listens (called simplex communication). The IP501H is capable of full duplex operation, which means a user can talk and listen at the same time, just like a phone.
ICOM IP501H - Easy Communication
The IP501H features a 500 memory address book for individual, group, talkgroup multiplex talkgroup calls, and pre-programmed text messages, for easy communication between groups, floors, buildings, and dispersed geographic locations within your organization.
The IP501H has clear, high quality audio, due to its G.726 (32 kbps) vocoder. It has a vibration alert to notify the user of incoming calls for more quiet operation. There is a recording function to store incoming voice messages up to one minute in duration. The IP501H is also equipped with Bluetooth and VOX capability, so users can pair it with a headset or other audio device for hands-free communication.
ICOM IP501H - Durable
The Icom IP501H has a backlit LCD display and a removable antenna only 2 inches in length. The battery is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack rated for over 17 hours on a single full charge. The Icom IP501H is also IP67 waterproof - submersible in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes!
ICOM IP501H - Low-Cost Monthly Service
Requires LTE-CONNECT Service. The Icom IP501H operates on the LTE CONNECT private LTE 4G and 3G network radio system using a SIM card. Unlike a cell phone on a cellular PoC network, the IP501H is a data device used for voice communications. Although it operates like a traditional two way radio, The IP501H requires an LTE or 3G signal to work.
LTE-CONNECT is a private Icom system. Nationwide coverage is provided using the AT&T LTE network. Only users who are programmed into the system by Icom can communicate on your network. A maximum of 500 users can be programmed into each radio. Over 2000 users can be part of your entire system. The LTE-CONNECT system has a dedicated MPLS connection and is secure.
LTE Service is $28 per radio per month per radio, plus a one-time setup fee of $15 per radio. For full details on all service plan agreements please contact us at 855-289-2929.
What's in the box:
1 Radio: IP501H
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
1 Rapid Charger
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
LTE-CONNECT Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an LTE-CONNECT radio?
LTE-CONNECT is a private radio system that operates utilizing LTE/3G AT&T cellular data network.
- What is the coverage range of the LTE-CONNECT system?
Coverage is nationwide throughout USA, Canada, and Mexico. The system uses a roaming function while in Canada and Mexico at no additional charge.
- Does the LTE-CONNECT system require airtime?
Yes, there is a monthly flat rate ($28 per radio per month + a $15 one-time setup fee per radio).
- Will the IP501H communicate in area’s without LTE/3G signals?
No, the IP501H requires an LTE or 3G signal in order to operate. However, our testing has found that due to the radio's antenna, the IP501H often out performs coverage found with a traditional cell phone.
- What type of calling can I do with the IP501H?
The IP501H operates exactly like a traditional radio. Placing an ALL, GROUP and/or INDIVIDUAL Call is available.
- Who can I talk to?
This is a private radio system. Users can only communicate with individuals that have been programmed into the system. A total of 500 users can be programmed into each radio and 2000+ users can be part of your total system.
- Can the IP501H communicate with other devices?
The IP501H can be connected though Icom’s ROIP gateway to allow connections to SIP phones, analog radios, digital radios and can be setup to place a call connection to specific cell phone users predefined in the system.
- What is Full Duplex?
The IP501H is a duplex radio. This means users can simultaneously talk and listen - similar to a phone. Traditional 2-way radios are simplex, where radios can only transmit or receive at one time.
- Does the IP501H have safety features?
Yes, the IP501H has Priority Calling, Man-down, Lone Worker & Emergency Signalling.
- What other features are built into the IP501H?
These radios are Waterproof, have built-in GPS and Bluetooth®, a Vibrate Alert, Voice Message Record and predefined Text Messages.
- Why is the Audio quality on the IP501H better than a traditional radio?
Traditional radios, either Analog or digital, use a narrow bandwidth to pass audio. This restricts the amount of information that can be transmitted. Given the IP501H is a data device operating via LTE, a much wider bandwidth is available.
- Is the LTE-CONNECT system the same as PTT over Cellular PoC?
No, PoC is a specific protocol that allows Push to Talk (PTT) communications through a cellular network, the Radio (IP501H) is a data device used for voice communications.
- How does the LTE-CONNECT system work?
Traffic is controlled by a central server. The radio gains access to the server via LTE/3G network connections via SIM card.
- Can I use my own SIM card in the radio?
No, Icom will supply a custom SIM card. Each SIM has its own ID and password and will only work with an Icom supplied device.
- Is the LTE-CONNECT system secure?
Yes, this is a private system with a dedicated MPLS Connection from the LTE/3G Radio access network of carriers direct to Icom's cloud servers. There is no use of public internet for a call control.
- Can I use Icom’s Data SIM to connect to the internet?
No, the supplied SIM will allow a connection direct to Icom’s secure cloud server and can only be used with an Icom supplied device.
- Can radio scanners listen to my calls?
No, this is a data device, only devices connected through our private secure cloud server can communicate with each other.
- Do I require a frequency license to operate the radio?
No, the IP501H is license free to operate in the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
- Why is PTCRB approval important?
All devices that access a carriers tower in North America require PTCRB approval. A device that is not approved can be denied access from the carriers. The IP501H has PTCRB/FCC/ISED approval.
|# of Channels & Zones||up to 500 contacts on each radio|
|Weight (with battery)||8.5 oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||n/a|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67, Submersible for 30 minutes to a depth of 1 meter|
|Receiving Audio Output||400mW|
|Trunking Capable||No. Can be connected to a trunked system via bridge equipment|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||n/a|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.