Icom IC-F3210D VHF | IC-F4210D UHF - Digital, Simple, Affordable
- 16 Channels
- 2 Programmable Keys
- IDAS Single-Site & Mulit-Site Trunking Capable
- Digital & Analog Mixed Mode
- 4 / 5 Watts (UHF / VHF)
- Extra Loud Audio (800mW)
- Repeater Capable
- Channel Announce
- Easy to Operate
- PC programmable
- Compact Design
- Multi-site Conventional Mode Capable
- Supports Icom's Digital Advanced System - IDAS™
Icom F3210D VHF | F4210D UHF At-A-Glance
The Icom F3210D / F4210D is the perfect entry level digital radio. With a simplified design, the F3210D / F4210D allows for an easy migration path from analog to digital, due to it's mixed mode digital & analog operation. It can receive both analog and digital signals on a single channel, automatically selecting the transmit mode to reply to a call, so users can just start talking.
The F3210D / F4210D has extra loud audio (800mW) with a 45mm built-in speaker, so it can still be clearly heard in some of the noisiest areas. The digital voice technology allows for clarity even at the edges of the communication range.
It's compact design, 2.28” × 4.39” × 1.44 inches, makes this small radio easy to carry. There is a Channel Announce feature so when you change to another channel the radio announces the new channel number. With the Li-Ion battery you get approximately 16 hours of operating time on each charge. In multi-site trunking mode there is a Roam Scan feature so if the signal condition degrades as the user moves from location to location the radio will automatically find a better communication path.
The F3210D / F4210D can be used in either IDAS™ single-site or multi-site trunking configurations. And can also be used in multi-site conventional mode, giving you added options to configure your fleet as you grow.
If secure communication is an issue, digital signals are more difficult to decode by current scanner receivers due to modulation/demodulation. When used in Icom's IDAS™ system, the F3210D / F4210D supports the digital voice scrambler function within the IDAS™ system for added security.
See the full list of features in the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F3210D or F4210D Radio (choose; VHF or UHF)
1 Rapid Charger (BC-193)
1 117V AC adapter (BC-123SA)
1 Antenna (VHF or UHF)
1 Battery (BP-265)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F3101D) & UHF (F4101D)|
|# of Channels & Zones||16|
|Output Power||5W (VHF) & 4W (UHF)|
|Weight (with battery)||11.3oz F3101D, 10.9oz F4101D|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||800mW|
|Trunking Capable||Yes, IDAS multi-site and single-site trunking, and IDAS multi-site conventional|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, when used in IDAS™ system (digital mode only)|
|Other||Channel Announce, IDAS™ Capable (Icom's digital system)|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.