Icom IC-F62D - with Voice & Vibrate, Built-in Bluetooth, Waterproof
- 512 Channels, 128 Zones
- 6 Programmable Keys
- 14 Character Backlit Display
- UHF (400-470MHz or 450-512MHz)
- Waterproof & Rugged (IP67)
- Built-in Bluetooth
- GPS Positioning Data (requires HM-233GP)
- Analog & NXDN™ Digital
- Optional NXDN Type-D single/multi-site Trunking
- Extra Loud 1000mW Audio
- Vibration and Voice Storage - "Pager" Model
- Small Design
- 5 Watts
- Built-in Voice Scrambler (both digital & Analog modes)
- 20-position Rotary Selector
- Repeater Capable
- MDC 1200 and BIIS Compatible
- Wireless Radio Programming over Bluetooth
ICOM IC-F62D At-A-Glance
The F62D series portable radios are the perfect solution for migration from the F50/V series to IDAS digital. Small and lightweight, the F62D series has dozens of technology features and functions. The radio also includes popular F50V features like submergibility, vibration alert, and voice recording/playback for up to 8 minutes. New features include built-in Bluetooth™, a continuous 20-position rotary selector and ON/OFF volume knob that’s tilted for easy access, better dot-matrix display with status icons, and OTAP. Icom is the choice when you want to take your communications to the next level. When used with the HM-233GP speaker mic, the radio displays the transceiver’s current location, and the received call log includes position data.
For emergency situations the F62D series includes an emergency key and four emergency functions: man down, motion detection, stationary detection and lone worker. The motion/stationary sensor sensitivity level is programmable in 10 levels for each function.
Icom F62D Vibration & Voice Recorder Functions
When pre-programmed 2-tone, 5-Tone, MDC, and/or IDAS signals are received, the radio can vibrate with enough force to be felt through clothing.
Turn on and off the recording manually (with a button) and it will automatically record every incoming call and every transmission from that time forward for up to eight (8) minutes. The F62D series also allows users to program the radio to automatically record all RX and TX all the time, and old messages will delete when the memory is full. Push a pre-programmed button on the radio allowing you to hear "the last message."
Icom F62D Digital IDAS Features
The F62D series provides NXDN™ CAI-based IDAS digital model operation in IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional. The following IDAS features are available:
- Analog/digital conventional mixed mode operation
- Upgrade to Type-D trunking
- AMBE+2™ vocoder
- Over-the-Air Programming with manager software
- Over-the-Air Alias (OAA) sends own name with a call
- Over-the-Air Update (OTAU) changes the repeater channel data and site code over the air (Type-D trunking)
- Individual, group call
- Status call and polling
- Short data message
- Transparent date mode
Icom F62D Additional Features
- Hands-free communication with built-in Bluetooth®
- Transparent data modem can transmit data at 9600bps over the radio
- Channel voice announcement
- Built-in 2-tone, 5-tone, CTCSS, DTCS & MDC1200 in analog
- VOX (voice operated transmission) function
- Tactical group function
- Normal, priority and voting scan
- Voting scan for site roaming
- Digital voice scrambler (low level encryption)
- Analog voice scrambler (inversion)
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F62D Radio
1 Rapid Charger (choose)
1 Antenna (choose)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|Frequency Band(s)||400-470MHz or 470-512MHz|
|# of Channels & Zones||512 Channels, 128 Zones|
|Weight (with battery)||8.1oz (with battery)|
|Display||Yes, 14 Character Backlit|
|# of Programmable Keys||6|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67, Submersible for 30 minutes to a depth of 1 meter|
|Receiving Audio Output||1000mW|
|Trunking Capable||Yes, optional|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Scrambler in both digital & analog modes|
|Other||Voice Recorder & Vibrate Alert, Built-in Bluetooth|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.