Icom IC-F62D | with Voice & Vibrate, Built-in Bluetooth, Waterproof
- 512 Channels, 128 Zones
- 6 Programmable Keys
- 14 Character Backlit Display
- UHF (400-470MHz or 450-512MHz)
- Waterproof & Rugged (IP67)
- Built-in Bluetooth
- GPS Positioning Data (requires HM-233GP)
- Analog & NXDN™ Digital
- Optional NXDN Type-D single/multi-site Trunking
- Extra Loud 1000mW Audio
- Vibration and Voice Storage - "Pager" Model
- Small Design
- 5 Watts
- Built-in Voice Scrambler (both digital & Analog modes)
- 20-position Rotary Selector
- Repeater Capable
- MDC 1200 and BIIS Compatible
- Wireless Radio Programming over Bluetooth
ICOM IC-F62D At-A-Glance
The F62D series portable radios are the perfect solution for migration from the F50/V series to IDAS digital. Small and lightweight, the F62D series has dozens of technology features and functions. The radio also includes popular F50V features like submergibility, vibration alert, and voice recording/playback for up to 8 minutes. New features include built-in Bluetooth™, a continuous 20-position rotary selector and ON/OFF volume knob that’s tilted for easy access, better dot-matrix display with status icons, and OTAP. Icom is the choice when you want to take your communications to the next level. When used with the HM-233GP speaker mic, the radio displays the transceiver’s current location, and the received call log includes position data.
For emergency situations the F62D series includes an emergency key and four emergency functions: man down, motion detection, stationary detection and lone worker. The motion/stationary sensor sensitivity level is programmable in 10 levels for each function.
Icom F62D Vibration & Voice Recorder Functions
When pre-programmed 2-tone, 5-Tone, MDC, and/or IDAS signals are received, the radio can vibrate with enough force to be felt through clothing.
Turn on and off the recording manually (with a button) and it will automatically record every incoming call and every transmission from that time forward for up to eight (8) minutes. The F62D series also allows users to program the radio to automatically record all RX and TX all the time, and old messages will delete when the memory is full. Push a pre-programmed button on the radio allowing you to hear "the last message."
Icom F62D Digital IDAS Features
The F62D series provides NXDN™ CAI-based IDAS digital model operation in IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional. The following IDAS features are available:
- Analog/digital conventional mixed mode operation
- Upgrade to Type-D trunking
- AMBE+2™ vocoder
- Over-the-Air Programming with manager software
- Over-the-Air Alias (OAA) sends own name with a call
- Over-the-Air Update (OTAU) changes the repeater channel data and site code over the air (Type-D trunking)
- Individual, group call
- Status call and polling
- Short data message
- Transparent date mode
Icom F62D Additional Features
- Hands-free communication with built-in Bluetooth®. Supports Bluetooth devices that are either 2.1 EDR or 3.0.
- Transparent data modem can transmit data at 9600bps over the radio
- Channel voice announcement
- Built-in 2-tone, 5-tone, CTCSS, DTCS & MDC1200 in analog
- VOX (voice operated transmission) function
- Tactical group function
- Normal, priority and voting scan
- Voting scan for site roaming
- Digital voice scrambler (low level encryption)
- Analog voice scrambler (inversion)
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F62D Radio
1 Rapid Charger (optional)
1 Antenna (choose)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||400-470MHz or 470-512MHz|
|# of Channels & Zones||512 Channels, 128 Zones|
|Weight (with battery)||8.1oz (with battery)|
|Display||Yes, 14 Character Backlit|
|# of Programmable Keys||6|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67, Submersible for 30 minutes to a depth of 1 meter|
|Receiving Audio Output||1000mW|
|Trunking Capable||Yes, optional|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Scrambler in both digital & analog modes|
|Other||Voice Recorder & Vibrate Alert, Built-in Bluetooth|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.
|F52D F62D Call List Profile in Digital Conv.pdf File Size452.53KB|
|F52D F62D Custom Menu Key Text Quick Start.pdf File Size138.47KB|
|F52D F62D Operating Guide.pdf File Size5.06MB|
|F52D F62D Basic Analog Programming Quick Start.pdf File Size572.75KB|
|F52D F62D OTAP Programming.pdf File Size1.46MB|
|F52D F62D Spec Sheet.pdf File Size310.38KB|
|F52D F62D Basic Digital Programming Quick Start.pdf File Size420.45KB|
|F52D F62D Audio Settings Quick Start.pdf File Size55.23KB|
|F52D F62D Optional Feature License Activation Quick Start.pdf File Size364.06KB|