Icom IC-F5400D VHF | IC-F6400D UHF - Digital, Bluetooth, Waterproof, Encryption
- 1024 Channels, 128 Zones
- 5 or 7 Programmable Keys
- High-Resolution Color Display
- Built-in Bluetooth
- IDAS™ Trunking Capable (optional)
- Digital or Analog Channels
- 50W VHF, 45W UHF
- 136-174MHz, 380-470MHz, or 450-512MHz
- Digital Voice Recording
- DES Encrytion Built-in (4-key), with optional 64-key DES, or AES
- PC programmable
- GPS Built-in
- LTR Built-in
- Supports Icom's Digital Advanced System - IDAS™
Icom F5400D VHF | F6400D UHF At-A-Glance
The F5400D series radio is Icom's new flagship IDAS product. Dozens of new features and functions are included. Features like SD Card, USB interface and Bluetooth appear for the first time in this land mobile product. A brilliant color display allows for easy observation of critical information, in the dimmest of light to the brightest of sunshine. Icom is the choice when you want to take your communications to the next level.
The Icom F5400D | F6400D radio can record incoming and outgoing communications, and replay recorded communications. When a 32 GB microSD card is used, a Max. 500 hours recording is possible.
The F5400D/F6400D allows the user to configure the radio three ways to suit almost any application or installation requirement. The intercom function is available between controllers and/or COMMANDMIC. The new COMMANDMIC is an identical physical layout and user interface as the F3400D handheld radio. By installing in into a vehicle it allows a secondary remote control of the F5400D.
Icom F5400D | F6400D GPS Receiver
GPS position data can be sent with voice call or status call and can be used with an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) system. The GPS logs user position data at regular intervals and can be saved to a microSD card. Optional GPS antenna UX-241 is required for the GPS on mobile radios.
Icom F5400D | F6400D Trunking
The F5400D | F6400D series can be upgraded to NXDN™ Type-C trunking, or Type-D single -site or multi-site trunking operation. Contacts us for more information on this feature. It is also compatible with IDAS conventional and multi-site conventional.
Icom F5400D | F6400D Built-in DES Encryption - Optional AES
If secure communication is an issue the F5400D | F6400D has the highest levels of encryption. For digital communication security, the new IDAS radios provide basic 4-key DES encryption as standard. When used with the optional UT-134 encryption unit, 256-bit AES encryption and the OTAR (Over-the-Air Rekeying) function are available. For efficiency in managing your radio fleet, the OTAP (Over-the-Air-Programming) function allows remote change of programmed settings over the radio channel. The OAA (Over-the-Air-Alias) function sends user name over the radio channel and eliminates needs to program the alias table.
Icom Extended Warranty
Icom America Inc offers a 1, 2 or 3 year Extended Warranty on their land mobile radios. The Extended Warranty period starts after the standard warranty period expires. This is a full manufacturer's warranty, backed by Icom America and it's service technicians. Protect your original investment by adding Extended Warranty coverage.
End user pays all shipping fees to and from the service department for repairs. Extended Warranty must be purchased at time of product purchase. Icom Service centers are located in the following states; Washington, California, Illinois, and New York.
What's in the box:
1 F5400D or F6400D Radio (choose; VHF or UHF)
1 Mounting Hardware
1 Owner's Manual
You will need an antenna for this radio. When selecting an antenna please note:
- The specific frequencies you use in the radio must fall within the antenna's frequency range.
- You will need an antenna mount with a PL259 connector to attach the antenna to this radio.
- If the mounting surface is NOT metal you will need a "No Ground Plane" antenna. Metal surfaces can use either type.
- "Accessories > Antennas | Mobile" category has other name-brand antennas and mounts, including no ground plane antennas.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F5400D) & UHF (F6400D)|
|# of Channels & Zones||1024 channels, 128 zones|
|Output Power||50W VHF, 45W UHF|
|Weight (with battery)|
|Display||Yes, either Numeric or High-Resolution Color Display|
|# of Programmable Keys||5 or 7|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP68|
|Receiving Audio Output||Active Noise Canceling|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, DES or optional AES|
|Other||Built-in Bluetooth, GPS, & LTR|
F3400D F4400D F5400D F6400D Guides & Tutorials
Digital Conventional Programming Video Tutorials
- Part 1: Intro and Zone Operation companion checklist Intro and Zone Operation Checklist
- Part 2: Creating Individual and Talkgroup IDs
- Part 3: Generic Scan Settings companion checklist Generic Scan Checklist
- Part 4: Key Assign and Menu Icon Configuration
Quick Start Programming Guides
- Analog Programming Quick Start Guide
- Digital Programming Quick Start Guide
- SD Card Data Explained Quick Start Guide
- Main Menu Programming Quick Start Guide
- Low Level DES Encryption Quick Start Guide
- Channel Announcement Quick Start Guide
- Non-Display Models Changing Zones Quick Start Guide
- Audio Settings Quick Start Guide
- Creating Own IDs Automatically Quick Start Guide
Other Video Tutorials
- Bluetooth Configuration
- Programming Using an SD Card
- Voice Recorder Instructions
- Audio Settings and Noise Cancelling
- License Activation Video
In addition to these guides, all Icom programming software also has a fairly good Help function within the software itself. It is contextual, meaning if you click on a field the help text for that function will display at the bottom. In addition, you can search on subjects within the Help function.
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.