ICOM A220B - Base Station - Air Band Radio For Ground-to-Air Communications
Icom A220B At-A-Glance
This next generation air band panel-mount transceivers are why more pilots trust Icom as the one you add before flight than any other radio. The A220B is a compact desk-top unit that combines the power supply (PS-80), the A220 radio, built-in loud speaker, microphone, and connectors for your headphone and antenna.
Power Supply is 110V AC operation and supports a full 7 Watt transmitter output. The large built-in speaker has 5 watts of audio output.
Icom A220B - Bright Easy-to-Read Display
The IC-A220B radio has a bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with a wide 170-degree viewing angle. White characters on a black background give the viewer clear, easy to read operating information. The white key backlighting and white OLED display match a modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness for either day or night.
Icom A220B - Simple Operation
It is fast and easy to select any of the memory channels in the IC-A220B radio. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dual watch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. Additionally, the improved auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily.
The built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V (11.5–27.5V) DC power source. The IC-A220 is easily installed in most airplanes or vehicles.
The IC-A220B radio has a built-in voice activated intercom function allowing the pilot to talk with the copilot via the headset. The IC-A220B radio has an adjustable audio level and squelch control functions. The A220's new Automatic Squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level to maintain a received call. The manual squelch function allows you to instantly adjust the squelch level. The squelch test function manually opens the squelch for testing.
Other features include
- 20 regular memory channels with a 6-character channel name
- 50 group memory channels (10 Ch x 5 groups) with a channel tag
- Automatic weather channel scanning and receive (USA version only)
- Dualwatch and priority watch functions
- One-touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
- Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
- ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
- Remote control capability
- PC programming capability
- Dial lock and panel lock
- Time-out timer
- D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
- Slim 1.34 inch (34mm) height can be installed in a limited panel space
- Two types of menu mode: settings menu and configuration menu
What's in the box:
- Icom A220 Radio
- PS-80 Power Supply (with built-in loud speaker)
- HM-176 Palm Microphone
- MBA-3 Rear Panel Adapter
- Owner Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.