ICOM A220 - Non-TSO Panel Mount Radio - Air Band Radio For Pilots
Icom A220 At-A-Glance
This next generation air band panel-mount transceivers are why more pilots trust Icom as the one you add before flight than any other radio.
Icom A220 - Bright Easy-to-Read Display
The IC-A220 has a bright organic light emitting diode (OLED) display with a wide 170-degree viewing angle. White characters on a black background give the viewer clear, easy to read operating information. The white key backlighting and white OLED display match a modern plane’s instrument panel. In addition, the auto dimmer function adjusts the display for optimum brightness for either day or night.
Icom A220 - Simple Operation
It is fast and easy to select any of the memory channels in the IC-A220. The “flip-flop” arrow button switches between main and stand-by channels. The dual watch function allows you to monitor two channels simultaneously. Additionally, the improved auto stack memory stores the last 20 channels used and allows you to recall those channels easily.
The built-in DC-DC converter accepts a 12/24V (11.5–27.5V) DC power source. The IC-A220 is easily installed in most airplanes or vehicles.
The IC-A220 has a built-in voice activated intercom function allowing the pilot to talk with the copilot via the headset. The IC-A220 has an adjustable audio level and squelch control functions. The A220's new Automatic Squelch function detects the signal level and automatically adjusts the squelch level to maintain a received call. The manual squelch function allows you to instantly adjust the squelch level. The squelch test function manually opens the squelch for testing.
Icom A220 - Easy Installation
The IC-A220 has a D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation. The slim case can be installed into a tight panel space. If your current radio has a card edge connector and you plan on installing your new A220 into the same housing, use the MBA-3 rear panel adapter for installation.
Icom A220 - GPS Memory
When connected to an external GPS receiver* equipped with an airport frequency database, the frequency data such as nearby airports can be transferred and made available.
* Ask your dealer for available GPS receiver details.
12V/24V DC power source
Other features include
- 20 regular memory channels with a 6-character channel name
- 50 group memory channels (10 Ch x 5 groups) with a channel tag
- Automatic weather channel scanning and receive (USA version only)
- Dualwatch and priority watch functions
- One-touch access to 121.5 MHz emergency frequency
- Side tone function for monitoring your voice with headset
- ANL (Automatic Noise Limiter) function reduces pulse type noise
- Remote control capability
- PC programming capability
- Dial lock and panel lock
- Time-out timer
- D-Sub 25-pin industry standard connector for easy installation
- Slim 1.34 inch (34mm) height can be installed in a limited panel space
- Two types of menu mode: settings menu and configuration menu
What's in the box:
- Icom A220 Panel Mount Radio
- Mounting Bracket Kit
- Owner Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.