Repeater / Base Station (below 470MHz)
Good for 10 years, for non-profit organizations using either a repeater or a fixed base station. This license allows use of your radios within a 19 mile radius (32 kilometer radius) of your repeater or base station.
Note: You must have a 501c letter issued by the IRS to receive a reduced fee. The FCC will NOT accept state issued letters.
What you get...
- Licenses either:
- one repeater with one frequency pair spaced for repeater use **
- or, one base station with a single simplex frequency **
- Includes handheld and/or mobile radios
- Option to add more frequencies and/or control stations *
- VHF or UHF (below 470MHz)
- Good for 10 years
- Option to monitor frequency prior to submission
- Includes filing the final Construction Notification (known as filing a Schedule K). Without this filing, your license automatically terminates one year after the grant date.
* Note: Control stations are either repeaters, base station radios, or call boxes. The FCC limits the Area of Operation of each control station to a 19 mile radius (32 km), can be extended (additional fees apply).
** Note: Antennas requiring ASR/FAA registration will incurr additional fees. We cannot determine if registration is required until we receive the completed questionnaire giving us exact location and measurements for each antenna. If additional fees are required, should you chose to not go forward with the license we will provide a full refund.
How it works...
- All it takes is to complete a short questionnaire.
- We do all the calculations for latitude/longitude, AAT, ERP, and other technical data.
- We do all the paperwork, submission, and track your application to completion.
- This package is all-inclusive (covers all FCC fees paid on your behalf).
- Then sign your final paperwork.... We take care of the rest!
Who is eligibile for this type of license...
These licenses are in the FCC's Industrial/Business Pool. Eligibility is open to organizations or persons engaged in commercial, educational, philanthropic, ecclesiastical, healthcare, association, or state and local government. A license covers the entire organization and all it's members/ employees.
Did you know, a single frequency can be used across many channels. Through the use of privacy codes (also called CTCSS codes, PL tones, or DCS) these sub-audible tones create unique talk-paths on each channel - even when using just one frequency!
The price includes all FCC fees, which we pay on your behalf. Because of this, once we receive your completed questionnaire a refund cannot be provided. All licenses are granted at the discretion of the FCC.
FCC License for Non-Profits
Warning Be advised, serious penalties and prosecution can result from unlicensed transmission on frequencies which require a license, and/or interference with public safety transmissions.
All Land Mobile radios (LMR) require an FCC license to operate.