Repeater / Base Station (below 470MHz)
This is a unique order based on a custom quote we provided. If you need a quote for a license in the PW Pool please request one here: PW Pool Custom Quote
Items covered in this order:
- New FCC license
- 6 UHF frequency pairs at 6 fixed locations (FB2 & MO)
- Add TDMA to all UHF frequencies
- Area of Operation for each location is 19 mile radius (32 km) for UHF
- Includes coordination fees and filing the Construction Notification (known as filing a Schedule K).
What is not covered
Some fees cannot be determined before filing your application with the coordinator. The most common of these fees are:
- Letters of Concurrence (LOC's) are sometimes required if available frequencies cannot be found within your location(s). This results in the need for LOC's to be sent out requesting permission from other users to allow use of frequencies they are currently using. The coordinator will charge a fee for each letter need.There is no guarantee LOC requests will be granted.
- Antenna Structure Registration ASRs, some fixed base antennas must be filed with the FCC and FAA either due to their height and/or proximity to an airport.
Who is eligible for this type of license?
This license is for public safety organizations operating in the PW Pool.
About Antenna Structure Registration (ASR)
Some fixed base antennas must be filed with the FCC and FAA either due to their height and/or proximity to an airport. Generally, antennas under 6.1 meters (20ft) do not require ASR/FAA filing.
We can run a evaluation to see if your antenna will likely require these filings. There is no fee for this evaluation, we perform this as a courtesy. Please call us if you like this evaluation.
The ASR consists of filing several documents and legal notices. Please note the process will take a 2-3 months to complete. The ASR registration process occurs in two parts; FCC ASR filing, and FAA filing. Please understand that there is no guarantee the FAA/FCC will grant the ASR.
1 Note: Control stations are either repeaters, base station radios, or call boxes.
2 Note: It cannot always be determined if additional fees are required until your completed questionnaire is received, giving exact details of the application. If additional fees are required, then should you choose not to submit your application we will provide a full refund. After submission to the coordinator there can be no refunds.
The price includes all FCC fees, which we pay on your behalf. Because of this, once we receive your completed questionnaire a refund cannot be provided. All licenses are granted at the discretion of the FCC.