For state or local government modifications to licenses below 470MHz that have not expired in the PW - Public Safety Pool.
Minor Modifications¹ Include:
The basic modification fee covers the following modifications at no additional cost:
- Modify antenna height
- Increasing mobile unit quantities
- Deleting frequencies or locations
- Updating administrative information
- Adding emissions code
- Adding 6.1 meter control stations
- VHF and UHF below 470 MHz with same or lesser parameters as corresponding base/mobile.
- Must be currently licensed for corresponding channels on base/mobile.
- Adding digital to license (except VHF TDMA emissions)
- Adding VHF TDMA digital to a VHF license requires re-coordination of each frequency. If you require VHF TDMA please call for a custom quote.
- How do I know if I need TDMA emissions? TDMA emissions generally start with 7K60... such as 7K60F1E.
¹ Some modifications may incur additional fees because they require re-coordination, ASR registration, inter-service fees, or other FCC requirements. These fees are not known until coordination. If this is the case we will provide a full refund should you chose to not go forward with the modifications.
Modifications with Additional Fees:
Optionally, for additional fees you can add the following to a license (see fees when selecting options):
- Adding Repeater to License
- 1 repeater, at 1 location, with 1 frequency pair
- Adding a Base Station to License
- 1 base station, at 1 location, with 1 simplex frequency
- Adding more frequency pairs to a location
- Adding more simplex frequencies to a location
- Relocate area of operation.
FB8/MO8 systems in either VHF and UHF, are subject to engineering and additional fees beyond what is shown here. Please contact us to receive a quote.
How it works...
- All it takes is to complete a short questionnaire.
- We do all the calculations for latitude/longitude, AAT, ERP, determine emissions codes, and other technical data.
- We do all the paperwork, submission, and track your application to completion.
- This package is all-inclusive (covers all FCC fees paid on your behalf).
- Then sign your final paperwork.... We take care of the rest!
The price includes all FCC fees, which we pay on your behalf. Because of this, once we receive your completed questionnaire a refund cannot be provided. All licenses are granted at the discretion of the FCC.
FCC License Modification
Warning Be advised, serious penalties and prosecution can result from unlicensed transmission on frequencies which require a license, and/or interference with public safety transmissions.
All Land Mobile radios (LMR) require an FCC license to operate.