Connect Systems CS101 - VHF, Entry Level, Easy to Use
- UHF 136-174MHz
- 32 Channels
- IP-65 Rated for Ruggedness
- 2 Programmable Keys
- 1300mAh Standard Li-Ion Battery, or upgrade to 1700mAh High Capacity Battery
- Extra Loud Audio (1,000mW)
- 5 Watts
- Repeater Capable
- VOX Ready
- Battery & Charger Included
- 2-pin Motorola type assessor connector (MG)
- 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
Connect Systems CS101 AT-A-Glance
The Connect Systems CS101 is a great entry-level VHF radio. It's simple to use, affordable, very small and light-weight. The, and rugged enough for normal day-to-day use. It is also tested to MIL-STD-810F standards for ruggedness. It has a full 4 watts of power.
The Connect Systems CS101 has a number of features that make it easy to use. It comes with a Channel Announce feature, announcing the channel each time it is changed, handy for workers who can't take their eyes off the job. The radio is VOX ready, meaning you can attach a hands-free headset. There is a Battery Check button that will indicate which one of 4 battery charge levels you have remaining. There are 3 power modes (high, medium, and low) so you can set the power level high when you need greater range, and low when you want to conserve your battery life.
The CS101 radio supports a variety of signalling options: 2Tone, 5Tone, DTMF, MDC1200, allowing PTT ID, Individual Call, and Group Call functions. The CS100 also support CTCSS and DCS codes for scanning. And of course there is an emergency alarm transmitted when the Emergency button is pushed.
The CS101 has a full 1,000mW of audio power. This means it can be heard in some of the noisiest areas over equipment and other loud noise. Also, the voice clarity is the best clarity available on the market.
The CS101 is compliant with US narrowband regulations. However, the CS101 may also be programmed to wideband for use on amateur frequencies.
What's in the box:
1 CS101 VHF Radio (136-174MHz)
1 Desktop Rapid Charger
1 110V AC Adapter
1 Battery (Li-Ion)
1 Belt Clip
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||32|
|Output Power||5 Watts|
|Weight (with battery)||8.3oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP65|
|Receiving Audio Output||1,000mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
|Other||Channel Announce feature, Password Protection feature|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- We can program your radios - with radio orders
- We provide basic radio programming for radios ordered through us. See the description below of basic radio programming.
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Due to staffing limitations, we are not able to program radios purchased from other dealers.
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- Connect Systems (all models): You can purchase software and cables from us.
- Kenwood ProTalk Business Radios (NX-P1300/NX-P1200 series, TK series, PKT)
- Have pre-stored frequencies and you can easily program these radios through the radio's menu interface.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Icom (all models): Icom no longer allows dealers to sell software and cables over the internet. You may call us to discuss your options.
- Motorola Business Radios (models beginning with CLP. CLS, RM, RD):
- Have pre-stored business frequencies (Part 90). Software to program these radios is available on the Motorola website.
- Just go to the product page on Motorola's website and you can download it for free. We can sell you the cable.
- Custom frequencies will require dealer programming.
- Motorola Commercial Radios (models beginning with CP, CM, MagOne):
- Software to program these can be purchased directly from Motorola. We can sell you the cable.
- Vertex Standard Radios: You can purchase software and cables from us. (some cables have been discontinued)
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are considered advanced.