Kenwood ProTalk NX-P500 | Digital Small Two-Way Radio
This little radio has so much to offer.
Log in for price... required by manufacturer
| || |
Kenwood ProTalk NX-P500 At-A-Glance
A lightweight and compact body (approx. 160g), with a slim and comfortable design. Powerful 2W maximum transmission output makes for easy reception, even in open spaces.
Bulk Pack Options - 30 radios + Accessories
If you need 30 or more radios our Bulk Pack options will save you money.
There are 3 options to choose from, ordering a quality of 1 for each option includes:
- Option 1: QTY 30 NX-500 radios with battery, belt clip, and individual charger.
- Option 2: QTY 30 NX-500 radios with battery, belt clip, and individual chargers. Plus 5 six-unit A/C multi-adapters (KSC-44MLKS) to string the desktop chargers together.
- Option 3: QTY 30 NX-500 radios with battery, belt clip, plus 5 six-unit multi chargers (KSC-506K), no individual chargers.
Small Profile, Powerful Performance
A lightweight and compact body (approx. 5.64oz), with a slim and comfortable design. Powerful 2W maximum transmission output makes for easy reception, even in open spaces.
Loud Audio (750mW)
Clearly hear what your conversation partner is saying, even in noisy surrounds.
Rugged and Submersible
Compliant with 11 U.S. Military Standards (MIL-STD). IP67 protection against dust and immersion.
Mixed Mode - Analog and Digital
Equipped with Mixed Mode that enables communication with both analog and digital units, making the switch to digital operations go smoothly.
Rugged Accessory Connector
One pin screw in accessory adapter makes sure you always have a good correction. Weather proof so you can talk confidently and worry free about your environment.
Wireless Customized Programming
Custom programmable user software allow you the ability to customize a radio to your particular needs. With our exclusive wireless cloning, once you’ve program one radio you can easily clone surrounding radios wirelessly.
What's in the box:
- Kenwood ProTalk NX-P500 Radio
- KNB-81L – 2200mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
- KSC-50CR – Charger
- KBH-22W – Belt Clip Holder/Swivel Clip
- Owner’s Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
Kenwood ProTalk NX-P500
|Frequency Band(s)||UHF 450-470 MHz|
|# of Channels & Zones||6 Channels, 99 Pre-stored Frequencies|
|Weight (with battery)||5.6oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||none|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP67 (waterproof)|
|Receiving Audio Output||750mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Inversion Scrambler|
|Other||Compact & Easy to Use|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.