BlackBox Pocket Two Way Radio - Onsite Usage
- 16 Channels
- Easy to Use
- 1.5 Watts - Designed for Onsite Usage
- UHF Only
- Audio Connector: 2-pin connector (Kenwood-K1, OTTO-KA)
- Scrambler & Scan Functions
- Repeater Capable
- 3 Year Warranty
BlackBox Pocket Radio At-A-Glance
Looking for radio that's about the size of a cell phone and simple to use? Here it is! The Blackbox Pocket is only 1/2 inch thick, 3.7" tall, and weights a mere 2.8ozs. There are 16 channels with CTCSS and DCS private line codes. The BlackBox Pocket radio is also very easy to use. It has a voice prompt feature, built-in voice scrambler for added privacy, and a scan function to monitor multiple channels. At 1.5watts the Pocket radio is a perfect fit for office settings, retail sales, and other businesses needing easy on-site communications. And it’s backed by a 3-year manufacturers warranty.
- Voice Prompt
- VOX Function
- Scan Function
- Scramble Function
- Time-out Timer (TOT)
- Battery Saver
- Low Battery Warning
- TX End Tone
- Busy Channel Lock Out
- Squelch Level Adjust
- CTCSS/DCS Decode and Encode
What's in the box:
1 BlackBox Pocket Radio
1 Belt Clip
1 Rapid Charger
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|# of Channels & Zones||16 Channels|
|Output Power||1.5 W|
|Weight (with battery)||2.8oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||0|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||500mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Voice Scrambler|
|Other||3 Year Warranty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.