BalckBox Base Station Two Way Radio
- 128 Channels
- Dual Band (VHF and UHF)
- 4 Watts
- Analog Only or Digital DMR (choose model)
- Audio Connector: K1 (Kenwood) 2-pin connector
- LCD Backlit Display
- Full Keypad
- Voice Prompts
- Repeater Capable
- 3 Year Warranty
BlackBox Base Station At-A-Glance
The Blackbox Base Station is a dual band (UHF and VHF) radio designed to sit on your desktop. It operates on 136-174 MHz VHF and 400-480 MHz UHF business frequencies with 4 watts of power. The BlackBox Base Station 2-Way radio is narrowband compliant and repeater capable. It's perfect for areas where a compact, yet powerful desktop radio is needed.
The Blackbox Base Station has 128 channels, a backlit LCD display, power-on display message, audible button sounds, voice prompts and VOX.
The Blackbox Base Station is built for easy use. It can be programmed directly from the keypad or through a PC with an optional programming cable and software. It also supports any headset or speaker mic with a 2-pin Kenwood (K1) style connector.
The Blackbox BB-BASE comes with an antenna, AC power cable, user manual and a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
What's in the box:
1 BlackBox Base Station Radio
1 Ac power cable
1 Rapid Charger
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|Frequency Band(s)||Dual Band: VHF and UHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||128 Channels|
|Weight (with battery)||5.6oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||0|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||Yes|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP54|
|Receiving Audio Output||1,000mW|
|Digital||Yes, select Digital DMR Model|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
|Other||3 Year Warranty|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.