BlackBox Bantum Two Way Radio
- 16 Channels
- 3 Programmable Keys
- 4 / 5 Watts (UHF / VHF)
- Choose Audio Connector: 2-pin (Motorola-M1, or Kenwood-K1)
- Voice Enunciation on Channels
- Repeater Capable
- 3 Year Warranty
BlackBox Bantum At-A-Glance
The Bantam is one of the Blackbox Professional Series Radios. The Bantum 2-way radio is small, but don't let that fool you, it has all the features of an entry-level business class 2-way radio. The Blackbox Bantam Series two way radios is narrowband compliant and measures only 2.3” x 3.75” x 1.34” with a weight of 198 grams. The Bantam is fully programmable. An Alarm Button on top will send an alarm tone on the same channe, indicating an emergency. High/Low Power Switching can be accomplished through a programmble button. Setting to low power saves on battery operating time. The Blackbox Bantum has a Whisper Mode - with this function you can be heard clearly even when you speak into the radio with a soft voice. The “Voice Enunciation" feature let's you know which channel you have selected without looking, great for working in the dark or when you can't take your eyes off the job at hand. Also informing you on low battery and scan on indications.
Choose the best connector.
The new Blackbox BANTAM is compatible with all 2-pin Kenwood and Motorola accessory connectors (K1 and M1 connectors). So if you currently have these accessories, you can use them with this radio.
Durability is built into the BlackBox Plus. This radio is enclosed in an all-metal chassis and is IP54 water resistant. Even with this toughness, the radios are still amazingly small and lightweight. The BlackBox Plus is only 1.26" L x 2.165" W x 4.37" H and weighs only 8.2 ounces (232g).
And it’s backed by a 3-year manufacturers warranty.
What's in the box:
1 BlackBox Bantum Radio (Choose VUF or UHF)
1 Belt Clip
1 Rapid Charger
1 Owner's Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license when ordering radios.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||UHF or VHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||16|
|Output Power||4 / 5 Watts (UHF / VHF)|
|Weight (with battery)|
|# of Programmable Keys||3|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|Receiving Audio Output||750mAh|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||No|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.