Kenwood TK-2402 V16P All-Purpose, Heavy-Duty
Replaced by the New NX-P1200AV
- 16 Channels & 5 Watts
- User Programmable Pre-stored Frequencies (27 VHF frequencies)
- Professional Business-Grade Radio
- Extra Loud Audio
- Rugged Design
- Construction, Rental Fleets, Managing Outdoor Events, Farming, Ranching, Forestry
Kenwood ProTalk TK-2402 V16P At-A-Glance
Kenwood’s compact and rugged ProTalk® TK-2402 V16P VHF two-way radio characterizes ergonomic and quality excellence. Based upon a proven design in two-way radio communication, with enhanced features, it has the power and performance to meet the toughest job requirements.
The TK-2402 V16P 2-way radio is easy to use yet has a full set of must-have features. There is a Channel Announce feature making it easy to change channels without looking. The radio has a built-in Voice Scramler function. The TK-2402 V16P also includes features such as; DTMF Auto Dial to dial a phone number, Talk Around to by-pass a repeater when needed, and Nuisance Channel Delete to temporarily delate a channel from the scanning list, as awell as many more features.
Check out the full list of features on the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Like this radio but need a UHF version? Take a look at the Kenwood ProTalk TK-3402 U16P.
What's in the box:
1 - TK-2402 V16P ProTalk® VHF Radio
1 - KNB-45L 2,000mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
1 - KSC-35K 3-Hour Fast Charger
1 - KBH-10 Belt Clip
1 - Antenna
1 - User Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
Kenwood ProTalk TK2402 V16P
|# of Channels & Zones||16|
|Weight (with battery)||9.9oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP55|
|Receiving Audio Output||1,000mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Inversion Scrambler|
|Other||Compact & Easy to Use, Channel Announce Feature|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.