Kenwood ProTalk TK-3230DX - Simple Menu Driven On-Site Radio
Manufacturer requires log-in to see price.
- 1.5 Watts, 6 Channels
- UHF Business Two-way Radio
- Compact Lightweight
- 99 Pre-Stored Frequencies **
- Menu Driven Display
- Out-of-the-Box Ready
- 14 Hrs. of Battery Life¹
- Ideal for Small Business, Retail Stores, Restaurants, Hotels, Schools, etc.
Kenwood ProTalk TK-3230DX - Designed for Ease
The Kenwood TK-3230DX Radio is a lightweight, compact, on-site two-way radio. This radio’s innovative features make it an ideal choice for businesses looking for a 2-way radio that takes almost no set-up and is really easy to use. Applications such as use in retail, restaurant, small hotels, small K-12 schools, and service industries where simplicity and ease-of-use are most important. All features are menu driven, even setting the channel frequencies! The lighted display gives the user status icons for easy operation. There are 5 function keys plus the PTT key (Push-to-Talk), they come already programmed. The ProTalk® XLS has 64 pre-programmed UHF business frequencies to choose from. There are 39 quiet talk (QT) privacy codes, and 83 additional digital quiet talk (DQT) privacy codes, to separate user talk groups on shared frequencies, making this a true business two-way radio.
¹ The Kenwood ProTalk TK-3230DX offers 14 hours of battery life under normal usage (5% TX, 5% RX, 90% Standby).
What's in the box:
1 TK-3230DX Radio with non-removable antenna
1 2,000mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
1 2.5-Hour Fast Charger
1 Belt Clip
1 User Manual
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
** This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|# of Channels & Zones||6|
|Weight (with battery)||5.5oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||5 keys that are pre-programmed|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP52|
|Receiving Audio Output||100mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Inversion Scrambler|
|Other||Compact, Easy to Use, Designed for Light-Duty|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to any LTE or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.