Kenwood ProTalk NX-240V16P2 VHF, Digital
We offer discounts - log in for price... required by manufacturer
- 2 Watts – VHF
- Both Digital and Analog Modes
- Digital NEXEDGE NXDN Technology
- 16 Analog + 16 Digital Channels
- 27 Pre-Selected Frequencies For Easy User Set-Up
- Programable for Custom Setup
- Channel Announce
- Extra Loud and Clear Audio (1,000mW)
- Rugged Design
- 3 Year Warranty
Kenwood ProTalk NX-240V16P2 At-A-Glance
The Kenwood ProTalk NX-240V16P2 can operate in either analog FM mode or NXDN digital mode. This means you can migrate to digital technology easily, replacing your old radios with new digital radios at your own pace. For convenience you can assign a PF key to switch between analog and digital modes. Digital technology will give you better audio reception at the edges of coverage, longer battery life, clearer voice without background noise, as well as improved security features.
The 2 watt version can be programmed for use on License-free MURS channels.
The Kenwood NX-240V16P2 battery will last up to 12 hours under normal usage. There is a Channel Announce feature making it easy to change channels without looking. The radio has a built-in Voice Scrambler function. When operating in analog mode, the NX-240V16P2 also includes features such as:
- FleetSync® / II, MDC-1200
- QT / DQT / 2-tone
Check out the full list of features on the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Like this radio but need a UHF version? Take a look at the Kenwood ProTalk NX-340U16P2.
What's in the box:
NX-240V16P2 ProTalk Radio
KNB-45L 2,000mAh Li-Ion Battery Pack
KSC-35K 3-Hour Fast Charger
KBH-10 Belt Clip
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
$100 - $200 Rebate + Free Multi Charger!
Purchase 6 or more Kenwood PKT-23, TK-3230DX, NX-P500, TK-2400V16P, TK-3400U16P, TK-2402V16P, TK-3400U16P, NX-240V16P or NX-340U16P radios and receive a $100-$200 Gift Card or Rebate Check plus a free multi-unit charger! Potential savings of up to $6,225!
- Buy 6 PKT-23 $100 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 TK-3230DX $100 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P500 $125 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 TK-2400V16P $125 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 TK-3400U16P $125 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 TK-2402V16P $150 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 TK-3402U16P $150 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-240V16P $200 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-340U16P $200 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
In addition, the NEW Kenwood NX-P1000 series ProTalk models have also been added to this rebate offer. Give us a call if you have any questions.
- Buy 6 NX-P1202AV $125 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P1302AU $125 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P1200AV $150 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P1300AU $150 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P1200NV $200 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
- Buy 6 NX-P1300NU $200 Rebate + FREE Multi Charger
This offer is fulfilled by Kenwood directly, so the gift card and multi-unit charger will be mailed to you after Kenwood receives your online rebate form. Offer valid on up to 90 radios purchased through September 30, 2020. Limit of one gift card or rebate check and multi-unit charger per six radios. Register online with Promo Code 91156 at Kenwood's rebate website to claim your rebate.
|# of Channels & Zones||16 Channels, 2 zones|
|Output Power||2 or 5 Watts versions|
|Weight (with battery)||9.9oz|
|# of Programmable Keys||2|
|Full 16-Key Keypad||No|
|IP Rating (Water & Dust)||IP55|
|Receiving Audio Output||1,000mW|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes, Built-in Voice Inversion Scrambler|
|Other||Compact & Easy to Use, Channel Announce Feature|
Radio Programming Options
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.