The Icom VE-PG4 allows you to connect almost any modern communications system to Icom’s universe of Network products and more.
Interconnect in a variety of ways:
- LTE PTT Products
- Wireless LAN radio products
- Icom IDAS digital conventional and trunking systems
- Analog Radio Systems
- P25 systems
- DMR digital systems
- SIP Phone
Information Sharing Across Systems and Devices
The VE-PG4 is a versatile RoIP (Radio over IP network) gateway unit, which seamlessly interconnects LMR radios, LTE radios, IP communication terminals, IP phone systems and external devices. In addition to the IP Network (LAN/WAN), the built-in LTE module* provides virtually nationwide communication coverage.
Bridge Between Radio Systems
The VE-PG4 interconnects with two or more radio systems, even when the systems are using different bands and different categories. All received audio is bridged to opposing radio system, so a radio user can talk to all connected radio users. The built-in digital voice converter converts analog audio to IDAS™ compatible digital audio.
LTE Transceiver Gateway
By installing a custom SIM card to the built-in LTE module, the VE-PG4 can interconnect IP501H/IP501M LTE transceivers with conventional radio systems and IP100H IP communication terminals. GPS position information from the LTE transceivers can be received and transferred to a PC.
IP Phone Interconnect
The built-in Simplified SIP server can assign extension numbers to IDAS™ radio terminals, IP advanced radio terminals, and groups of analog radio users as well as IP phones. A radio user can initiate phone calls. Phone users can make individual or group calls to connected radio users.
Multi-site Connection between VE-PG4s
Two or more VE-PG4s can be connected through LAN or LTE (4G) and 3G networks. The communication area can be flexibly expanded, and dispersed radio sites can be connected, regardless of distance or radio system used.
External Equipment Connection
Public address system, siren, warning light and other external devices can be connected to the VE-PG4. When detecting an emergency signal, users can start emergency notification from either a digital transceiver, IP transceiver or public address system.
Built-in Controller for the IP100H, IP Communication Terminal (Wireless LAN)
The VE-PG4 has a built-in IP100H IP communication terminal controller function that is capable of controlling up to 50 IP100H IP Communication Terminals, and IP100FS Remote Communicators. The IP100H can send and receive voice and preprogrammed text messages to the other units through the wireless LAN access points. The IP communication terminals are suitable for intra-building communication, which will communicate anywhere your network has Wireless LAN access.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.