Icom Repeater FR5200H | FR6200H - IDAS Repeater
- 50W 100% Duty Cycle Employing a high performance power amplifier, together with the solid heatsink built into the chassis, the IC-FR5200H series provides a reliable 100% duty cycle operation at 50W output.
- Scalable 32 channels and 5 programmable buttons. The 12-digit dot-matrix display, 5 programmable buttons, 32 memory channels and internal speaker allow you to use the repeater as a simple base station or to check repeater activity. LEDs on the front panel show channel conditions.
- Type-D Trunking and Network Controller Capable The Type-D multi-site trunking/conventional functions can be integrated in the repeater. The IP network capability extends your communication
coverage and allows you to remotely control the repeater settings. (optional)
- IDAS Digital, Analog, and Mixed Mode
The IC-FR5200H series is compatible with both analog FM mode and IDAS conventional and NXDN™ Type-D trunking mode. Program digital and/or analog FM modes per channel. The mixed mode operation allows you to receive both analog FM and IDAS conventional modes and to transmit either mode depending on the received signal.
- Digital and Analog Mixed Mode Operation
The IC-FR5200H | FR6200H can receive both analog and digital signals on a single channel. You can partially introduce the IDAS system, while using the existing analog radios in a system. The IDAS system allows you to scale migration to narrow band digital at your own pace and need.
- Superior Audio Quality
The IDAS system uses the AMBE+2™ codec, which provides clear audio and simultaneous data communication. The built-in audio compander improves the signal to noise ratio and provide clear audio. The Compander is for analog mode only, digital mode does not require Compander since digital communication quality is superior to anaolog by nature.
- 19-inch Rack Mount 2U Height Low-Profile Design
The IC-FR5200H | FR6200H uses only 2U height. This low profile configuration allows you to stack multiple units in an industry standard 19-inch rack and provides great space efficiency.
- Multiple CTCSS, DTCS Tone and RAN Code
The IC-FR5200H | FR6200H decodes multiple CTCSS and DTCS as well as digital RAN (Radio Access Number) codes on a per channel basis (up to 16 tones/codes) and downlinks the received signal with a specified tone/code. This function is useful for sharing a channel with multiple groups and provides quiet stand-by while using other groups.
- Superior Receiver Performance
The IC-FR5200H series has class leading receiver performance of selectivity and intermodulation rejection. It improves the quality of the repeater service even under congested band conditions.
- D-SUB 25-pin Accessory Connector
The IC-FR5200H series has a programmable D-SUB 25-pin accessory connector for connecting various trunking controllers or external remote control devices. Also, modulation / demodulation signals can be input / output from the D-SUB connector.
Other FR5200H | FR6200H Features:
- PTT priority setting (Local Mic., external PTT or repeater operation)
- Built-in inversion type voice scrambler (analog mode)
- Digital 15-bit key scrambler (about 32,000 codes)
- 5-Tone and DTMF encoder/decoder and CW ID transmitter
- Normal and priority scan
- Convenient key assign stickers supplied
- Beat cancel capability
- Low voltage alert (analog mode)
- Quick and easy programming from a PC. For analog mode only
The FR5200H | FR6200H repeater requires a power supply for operation. Order separately, see 'Accessories' tab to order.
Icom Repeater FR5000 | FR6000 Options *
You can configure the following options to be pre-installed on your repeater. Just choose the options you wish to add from the drop-down selections above.
Duplexer (internal installation available for single RF models only)
Duplexers allow bi-directional (transmit TX and receive RX) communication over a single path (i.e. antenna) at the same time. The duplexer isolates the receiver from the transmitter while permitting them to share a common antenna. In other words, the duplexer prevents the receiver and transmitter from "hearing" each other. For duplex operations in configurations with 2 RF modules installed in the repeater, you will need two duplexers, one for each RFmodule. In configurations with 2 RF modules the preselector cannot be internally installed due to lack of space in the interior chassis. To order the duplexer click the 'Accessories' tab and add it to your cart as a separate item.
Preselector (internal installation available for single RF models only)
The preselector can improve the signal quality of your repeater. The preselector provides additional rejection (or filtering) of unwanted signals, including transmitter signals from overloading the receiver, and internal intermodulation (usually caused when a receiver is being overwhelmed by at least one signal). In configurations with 2 RF modules the preselector cannot be internally installed due to lack of space in the interior chassis. To add this function to your repeater select option 'Add Preselector' from the drop-down selections above.
FR5200H | FR6200H Trunking Options
Single Site Trunking / Network Controller Module
The Icom FR5000 | FR6000 has an option to add trunking capability. Simply add the Trunking / Network Controller (see drop-down selections above) and you enable single site digital trunking. Installation and programming of this module transforms the repeater from a conventional repeater to a trunking repeater at a single site. This module also is a requirement for remote PC management of the repeater (see 'Remotely Controlling Your Repeater and Dispatching' below for more information). Icom part number UC-FR5000 01 for either UHF or VHF. To add this function to your repeater select option 'Single Site Trunking' from the drop-down selections above.
Single Site Trunking + Multi-Site Conventional + Voting Mode
To further enhance the Icom FR5000 | FR6000 repeater's trunking capabilities, you can add the CF-FR5000 module to allow multi-site conventional operations. For use in either FR5000 VHF, or FR6000 UHF repeaters. This does not prohibit single site trunking, it simply adds the configuration choice to include multi-site conventional. Using the additional software on the CF-FR5000 you can connect your FR5000 | FR6000 repeater to the internet and allow it to communicate with other repeaters over the internet, each repeater must have the IP Link card installed. With the installation of this card the repeater can also be configured to allow voting. In voting mode, the signal is received at the voting repeater, then transported over IP to the transmitter which compares the incoming RSSI levels and transmits the strongest signal. Requires Trunking / Networking Controller also be installed (UC-FR5000). Icom part numbers are UC-FR5000 + CF-FR5000 02 for either UHF or VHF. To add this function to your repeater select option 'Single Site Trunking + Multi-Site Conventional' from the drop-down selections above.
Multi-Site Trunking Operations + Voting Mode
To enhance the ICOM FR5000 or FR6000 repeater's trunking capabilities you can install the CF-FR5000MT module to allow multi-site IDAS trunking operations. With this repeater module your system can be built out to a 48 site, 30 channels per site trunked system linked via IP networks. Requires Trunking / Networking Controller also be installed (UC-FR5000). Icom part numbers are UC-FR5000 + CF-FR5000MT for either UHF or VHF. To add this function to your repeater select option 'Multi-Site Trunking' from the drop-down selections above.
FR5000 | FR6000 Networking Options
Link Repeaters Over the Internet
Using the 'IP Repeater Link Card' you can connect your FR5000 | FR6000 repeater to the internet and allow it to communicate with other repeaters over the internet, each repeater must have the IP Link card installed. This option requires the Trunking / Network Controller also be installed (UC-FR5000). To add this function to your repeater select option 'Single Site Trunking + Multi-Site Conventional' from the drop-down selections above. Icom part number is CF-FR5000 for VHF or UHF.
Remotely Control Your Repeater and Virtual Dispatcher via PC
The FR5000 | FR6000 repeater can be connected to a LAN or the Internet via Ethernet cable when you add the 'Remote Communicator' option (includes both RC-FS10 + CT-24) . The RC-FS10 Remote Communicator is a software package that creates a virtual radio and dispatcher control panel on a Windows® PC. This allows you to access and communicate with repeaters and radios on your IDAS™ IP Network through your PC. Communication range is vastly extended by the internet connection, eliminating the need for expensive leased lines. Also, when connected to a PC via a LAN or the Internet, you can remotely maintain the repeater configuration from your PC. Up to 8 PC's running the RC-FS10 software can be connected to 1 repeater for traffic monitoring. This software is installed on your PC and requires the Trunking / Network Controller to be installed on your repeater (UC-FR5000 for either VHF or UHF). To order the Remote Communicator click the 'Accessories' tab and add it to your cart as a separate item. Icom part number is RC-FS10.
Connect an Icom Microphone to Your Remote PC
When the FR5000 | FR6000 repeater is connected to the interent and controlled remotely by a PC, you can use the 'ICOM PTT Microphone Adapter' (CT-23) to connect an Icom microphone to your PC. To order the CT-23 click the 'Accessories' tab and add it to your cart as a separate item.
Repeaters take 1-2 weeks to ship depending on configuration and tuning.
What’s in the box:
1 IC-FR5000 (VHF) or IC-FR6000 (UHF) Repeater
1 DC power cable
1 Handle kit
1 Key assignment stickers
1 Owners Manual
The FR5000 | FR6000 repeater requires a power supply for operation. Order separately, see 'Accessories' tab to order.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF & UHF|
|# of Channels & Zones||32|
|Output Power||50W, 100% duty cycle|
|# of Programmable Keys||5|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Yes|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.