Icom F5061DB VHF | F6061DB UHF Digital Base Station
- 512 Channels, 128 Zones
- 7 Programmable Buttons
- 24 Character Display
- 45 / 50 Watts (UHF/VHF)
- Digital + Analog Model
- Includes Power Supply & Cabinet
- Built-in Voice Scrambler
- Repeater Capable
- Trunking Capable - LTR® & IDAS Trunking Built-in
- MDC & BIIS 1200 Compatible
- PC Programming Setup
The IC-F5061DB/F6061DB series base station is ideal for public safety, utilities, business & industry, public and private transportation services, and delivery companies. It offers advanced functions, multi-mode operation, improved scanning, and flexible installation. It can be used in both conventional and trunking operations. This base station is a world-class, high quality, top-of-the-line, professional radio with features for the some of the most demanding communication needs.
The F5061B/F6061B base station has a detachable front panel, and with the RMK-3 optional remote control kit and separation cable, the front panel of the radio can be detached from the main unit. This allows for a more flexible installation.
The F5061DB/F6061DB supports both analog and digital communications. The mixed mode operation of the digital model allows for a smooth transition to digital, allowing you to replace your current fleet at your own pace, while still being able to take advantage of digital technology capabilities one radio at a time. If you are considering a transition to digital and want a radio that has the features to allow for growth into the future then you can't go wrong with the F5061DB/F6061DB.
Icom F5061DB VHF | F6061DB UHF - Trunking - LTR & IDAS
The IC-F5061DB/F6061DB is LTR ready right out of the box, making it an ideal solution for conventional trunking operations or as a subscriber unit. It has built-in support for both conventional and trunking operation in both digital and analog modes in one unit. Both LTR ™ trunking and conventional channels can be set in the radio. Group, selective (DTMF), and Phone Call are available in the LTR™ mode. Conventional operation and Talk-Around are both available by simply pushing a button, even while you are operating in LTR™ mode. All basic LTR™ features including; Group, Selective, and Phone Call, are available. You may assign operating modes, default talk group for home button, power-ON home or previous group, network roaming, offset frequency by channel, LTR™ polarity by system, home channel and area bit by system. The radio has an ATB Ring Back (All Trunk Busy) function, when the ATB Ring Back is set to ON, the radio starts searching for a clear repeater, if all repeaters are busy it will continue to search until one is available then it will ring you back and transmit after a clear repeater channel is found. The IC-F5061B/F6061B fully supports Icom's IDAS™ digital conventional and trunking system.
Icom F5061DB VHF | F6061DB UHF - Signaling Features
The F5061DB/F6061DB base station has all the most popular signaling capabilities built-in; 2-tone, 5-tone, CTCSS, DTCS, and MDC 1200 that a world-class radio would have. This radio also supports BIIS 1200 signaling which allows the user to select from 24 preset status messages to send and receive. The 512 memory channel capacity, with 128 zones, allows you to divide and store a variety of channel groupings for versatile and efficient fleet management. Direct input of channel numbers, list numbers, IDs can be made using the keypad. To see all the signaling and channel management features we have listed them all under the 'Features' tab for this radio.
Icom F5061DB VHF | F6061DB UHF - Security Features
The F5061DB/F6061DB has a number of built-in security features. The built-in Inversion Voice Scrambler provides secure conversation. When a more secure system is required, the optional 32 code non-rolling-type voice scrambler UT-109R, or the 1020 code rolling type UT-110R encryption units can be installed. To protect radios from unauthorized use, there is a Auto Key Lock which can automatically key-lock the radio after a set time period. With the Clone Read/Write Password function you can set a password of up to 16 characters, protecting the radio from unauthorized use. The Lone Worker function sounds a beep and requires you to push any button if the radio is not used for a defined period of time. If a button is not pushed, the radio automatically transmits an emergency signal to alert co-workers or a dispatcher.
The IC-F5061DB/F6061DB has a Power OFF Emergency function. When activated, this function enables the transceiver to transmit emergency calls even though it seems to be powered OFF. When enabled, any key operation, hanger action, or Lone Worker function become disabled. LEDs and speakers do not work. However, the transceiver continues to transmit emergency calls, depending on the emergency settings.
Icom F5061DB VHF | F6061DB UHF - Enhanced Scanning Features
The F5061DB/F6061DB has numerous scanning features to help users manage communications; • Mode dependent scan • TX channel programmable • Talk Back function • Talk Back timer beep • Nuisance Channel Delete • Monitor Key Action The Voting Mode feature detects the signal strength level of repeater stations and automatically selects the strongest station, useful for roaming between 2 or more repeater sites. Once you select the Voting Mode to a memory zone, you can easily start voting mode operation by changing the zone setting.
What's in the box: 1 F5061DB or F6061DB Digital Radio (choose model)
1 Power Supply - 110V
1 Cabinet - Size (L x W x H) 8.51" x 6.89" x 4.31"
1 Hand Microphone (HM-152 or upgraded mic)
1 Power Cable (OPC-1132)
1 Owner's Manual
You will need an antenna for this radio. When selecting an antenna please note:
- The specific frequencies you use in the radio must fall within the antenna's frequency range.
- You will need an antenna mount with a PL259 connector to attach the antenna to this radio.
- If the mounting surface is NOT metal you will need a "No Ground Plane" antenna. Metal surfaces can use either type.
- "Accessories > Antennas | Mobile" category has other name-brand antennas and mounts, including no ground plane antennas.
* Radios modified at the customer's request, such as programming or installation of logic boards, are not returnable. For more information please see our Returns Policy.
This radio is requires an FCC license to operate. We can assist you with getting a license.
|FCC Approval||Part 90 (Business License)|
|Frequency Band(s)||VHF (F5061DB) & UHF (F6061DB)|
|# of Channels & Zones||512 Channels, 128 Zones (Groups)|
|Output Power||50W (VHF) & 45W (UHF)|
|# of Programmable Keys||7|
|Receiving Audio Output||400mW|
|Trunking Capable||Yes - LTR® Built-in, PassPort® upgrade option, single-site & multi-site trunking, Supports IDAS®|
|Voice Scrambler | Encryption||Built-in Invension Scrambler, Optional: 32 or 1020 Code Encryption|
Radio Programming Options
The following does not apply to FRS, MURS, GMRS, LTE, Satellite, or IP radios.
Most business radios aren't ready to use out-of-the-box. So radio programming is needed to set the frequencies in the radio. For some radios the frequencies can be set through a menu interface. While other radios must be programmed using a PC, radio software, and a cable to connect the radios.
Here are your programming options:
- You can program the radio(s)
- For radios with pre-stored frequencies you can easily program them through the radio's menu interface.
- For PC programmable radios you will need the programming cable(s) and software. In many cases you can purchase this from us.
- We can program your radios
- Email us your Frequencies & Call Sign - the FCC requires dealers to verify your license before we program.
- Please allow 1-2 days for first-time setup of radio programming.
- Match to your Previous Order
- If you've ordered from us before we have your information stored.
- If you don't have a FCC license we can help you apply for one
- These licenses are for businesses, non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies.
- We do all the work! Give us a call at 855-289-2929.
What is included in Basic Radio Programming?
Basic radio programming is designed to get you up and running with a configuration which includes:
- Up to 16 channels programmed to your FCC assigned frequencies (simplex or duplex)
- A default configuration of key functions
- Your program settings saved for future purchases
- No password protection to allow re-programming by another person
For customers who already have radios we will match from your existing radio of the same model (requires you to send us a radio).
Programming Services Not Included:
At this time we do not provide programming of advanced features. The features below are NOT included with basic programming.
- Programming radios purchased elsewhere
- More Than 16 Channels
- Channel Scan / Priority Scan
- Signal Tones (DTMF, 5-Tone, 2-Tone)
- Private (1 to 1) calling
- Group 1 to many calling
- All Call
- Emergency System
- Man Down System
- Lone Worker
- Advanced Audio Profiles
- Dual Capacity Direct Mode
- Voice Announcement
- Text Messaging
- Work Order Ticketing
- Remote Monitor
- Telephone Interconnect
* This does not include all advanced features and should only be used to establish an example of what features are to be considered to be advanced.